The Charleston School of Law located in Charleston, South Carolina, seeks resumes for the Registrar.
REGISTRAR, CHARLESTON SCHOOL OF LAW
As a member of the Academic Affairs staff, the Registrar reports directly to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The Registrar manages, and is responsible for overseeing, all functions of the Office of the Registrar to ensure that all processes are followed according to established Law School policies and procedures, A.B.A. Standards and Guidelines, professional practices, and all applicable laws. The Registrar must be able to exercise independent judgment and possess decision-making skills that require tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
Registration, Recordkeeping and Operations
- Overseeing accurate and timely collection, classification, management and dissemination of student records, both paper and electronic files (including application data, official transcripts, GPA information, and correspondence regarding academic status), keeping in mind the need for confidentiality, appropriate access, and assuring full compliance with federal and state regulations and accreditation obligations.
- Managing web-based registration process, including assisting in the development of class schedules, creating and managing class sections, and addressing related issues such as wait list policies, schedule conflicts, etc.
- Administering and supervising the grade reporting process for the law school, including working with the faculty to assemble grade results, and calculating and reporting class rank.
- Preparing official transcripts for students and alumni, for graduation, bar applications and Bar admission.
- Producing analytical reports as needed by the Dean, other departments, and outside agencies, including reporting regarding student-related issues such as current enrollment, historical information and projections; and coordinating the utilization and interpretation of data, including evaluations of report design and program assessment.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Registrar's Office in the Law School, including staff supervision and budget matters.
- Compiling and reporting enrollment data each semester in an accurate and timely manner.
- Compiling reports for ABA, IPEDS, and other reports for governmental and accreditation agencies, according to established deadlines.
- Maintaining degree audit for all students monitoring student academic records for completion of all requirements.
- Preparing and compiling ad-hoc reports and analyzing data for the associate dean and other law school administrators.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
A Bachelor’s Degree is required; experience as a Registrar, Assistant Registrar, or similar administrative position at a law school, college or university is also required. Must have excellent communication, management, interpersonal, and organizational skills, including the ability to perform well under pressure. Exceptional ability to maneuver within databases and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience creating and compiling sophisticated reports (Access, Crystal, SQL, etc.). An ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Please send resumes to:
Shera L. Silvis, PHR, SHRM – CP
Director of Human Resources
Charleston School of Law
By email to:
Or by mail to:
P.O. Box 535
Charleston, SC 29402
Attn: Shera Silvis
The Charleston School of Law is an Equal Opportunity Employer.