Specialist III, Bursar's Office
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Tomball, located north of Houston and founded in 1988, offers a wide range of programs including the college system's only veterinary technology program and leading health sciences programs.
Campus address is 30555 Tomball Parkway. Tomball, Texas 77375-4036.
The Specialist III, Bursar's Office supports other staff by performing task-oriented duties while providing clerical, administrative, and/or operational support under general supervision. Monitors the progress and efficiency of workflow and responds to changes in student needs as necessary. Handles monetary transactions for student accounts. Provides guidance to students and affected departments with regard to tuition, fees, payment plans and collection efforts.
- May supervise part time personnel assigned to operation and direct and coordinate work assignments relative to operation within department
- Analyzes and resolves issues with students and third-party sponsors regarding billing, student records, payment of tuition and fees, tax statements and on-line payment plans
- Communicates verbally, on-line, and in written form with students, staff, and outside parties regarding tuition and fees owed to maintain enrollment, overdue tuition and fees, and accounts sent to collections and communicates verbally and in written form with corporate sponsors regarding tuition and fees billed
- Manages cash received by balancing cash drawers, petty cash box, and registration change drawer and by preparing bank deposits for pickup by armored courier; Applies waivers, exemptions, and third-party payments to student accounts
- Ensures compliance with established customer service plans, financial reporting requirements, and LSC policies and procedures for dealing with students, staff, and administration through written and electronic communications and the accurate assessment and analysis of objectives
- Accounts for cash, checks, and credit card payments for LSC credit/non-credit courses, LSC-Testing Center, LSC-Wellness Center, Harris County Public Library, Performing Arts Center, student organizations, and miscellaneous campus activities
- May report, review, research and reconcile functions for daily student receivable deposits, operating funds, cash boxes, petty cash, and student account status
- Prepares month-end journal entries to clear suspense accounts and replenish petty cash; Places orders for petty cash and registration cash from bank for operations
- Submits void and re-issue forms for checks that need to be voided/stopped/re-issued to System Office
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Requires detailed analytical skills and a high level of accounting skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in use of personal computer workstation with standard software applications
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to interact with subordinates and direct/coach work efforts
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Ability to organize functions to ensure compliance with deadlines and regulatory requirements
- Ability to transfer knowledge to subordinates and higher authorities; Ability to determine the approach for doing the work
- Ability to work in an environment that may have unpredicted requirements or demands
- Ability to follow specific procedures that may result in interaction with co-workers, citizens, or other individuals
- Ability to work in a responsive environment where co-workers or citizens bring problems to incumbent for resolution; Ability to determine the problem and create an individual solution
- Ability to prepare and or process purchase orders
- Ability to make recommendations that affect the budget
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High School Diploma and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate's degree
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Tomball
Work Locations: 30555 Tomball Parkway (0300) , 30555 Tomball Parkway , Tomball , 77375
Organization: LSC Tomball - 03
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2018, 12:59:16 AM