Part-Time Student Assistant, FYF-CRSM Grant
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Tomball, located north of Houston and founded in 1988, offers a wide range of programs including the college system's only veterinary technology program and leading health sciences programs.
Campus address is 30555 Tomball Parkway. Tomball, Texas 77375-4036.
The Student Assistant performs standard administrative duties for multiple individuals or customers. Activities are routine and may be repetitive. Basic duties may include receiving and logging information, making copies, sorting and distributing mail, preparing correspondence or basic documents, answering routine questions and inquires, providing information and directions and providing a customer friendly environment. Student Assistant may also be required to review videos and add closed captioning as needed.
- Operates a variety of office equipment, such as a personal computer, printer, photocopier, facsimile, scanner, or calculator
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail for one or more managers
- Performs clerical tasks related to job responsibilities and departmental projects, including but not limited to typing and proofreading letters, memorandums, forms and reports
- Maintains and files department documents
- Assists with distribution of information to the public, students and faculty by phone, mail, or other appropriate means
- May provide support to assigned area during college representation functions
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and databases associated with assigned area
- Review videos and add closed captioning as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to gain knowledge of the rules and procedures of the college
- Ability to maintain good relationships with the public, students, faculty and staff
- Show a professional presence in dress, speaking, handwriting, and use of personal cell phone during working hours
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile.
- No special physical demands are required to perform the work
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be a currently enrolled Lone Star student pursuing a course of study
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College to Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Tomball
Work Locations: 30555 Tomball Parkway (0300) , 30555 Tomball Parkway , Tomball , 77375
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Tomball - 03
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Oct 29, 2018, 11:50:23 PM