Assistant Director, Financial Aid
The Assistant Director is new position created as part of the financial aid counseling team responsible for the review of applications, determination of awards, maintaining compliance with aid regulations, and communication with families about financial aid availability.
• Review of undergraduate financial aid applicant files (inclusive of verification, eligibility determination, and appeals)
• Respond to oral and written inquiries from students, parents, faculty and staff about the financial aid process
• Counsel students on federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs, regulations, and procedures for applying for financial aid and satisfactory academic progress requirements.
• Serve as the office liaison to (and coordinate aid activities with) the athletics department.
• Serve as office liaison with the Advancement Office, working in cooperation with the Financial Aid Director to manage and enhance the processing of awards generated through Advancement.
• Represent the financial aid office at assigned undergraduate, graduate, and community information sessions and meetings
• Serve as member of the Financial Aid Review Committee
• Other financial aid related duties as assigned
The Assistant Director must possess a working knowledge of regulations and policies governing federal, state, and institutional aid programs and process excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills. In addition, the Assistant Director must enjoy extensive interaction with students and parents as the position is engaged in extensive direct communication with applicants.