The Advancement Coordinator (Coordinator) is part of the regional and international advancement team and reports to the Senior Director of Regional Advancement for DC Metro. This position supports the work of the DC Metro regional advancement team as well as advancement colleagues based in the Arlington office located in the heart of Ballston. The Coordinator provides project management and administrative support, leads reporting and records/data management, and is responsible for general office operations. The Coordinator also collaborates with advancement and campus colleagues based in Williamsburg and travels to Williamsburg for work events throughout the year.
The Advancement Coordinator role in our Arlington office is an ideal position for an administrative professional interested in nonprofit, mission-driven work in a fast-paced environment. You’ll learn about fundraising and higher education administration at the oldest university in the country, working in the heart of Ballston. If you are organized, motivated to take initiative, and collaborative, this could be the perfect job for you!
We at William & Mary are convinced that diversity in the workplace makes us more creative, more diligent, and more successful. We value diversity and invite applications from all individuals who will enrich our work.
Specific responsibilities also include (but not limited to):
- Respond to general inquiries from high-level donors staff members of all levels throughout the university, as well as students and alumni with courteous, clear and direct communications..
- Prepare correspondence such as letters, memos, fundraising commitments and mail merges.
- Manage travel arrangements for development staff. Compile and process travel reimbursements,
process billing invoices.
- Schedule meetings for development staff and manage office calendars. Coordinate event logistics (e.g., to create name- tags, ordering food, conduct other follow-up tasks)
- Update individual records on donor database on behalf of development staff. Maintain and ensure data integrity.
- Run reports from various Advancement and university databases, and manipulate extracted data into presentation- style documents.