Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Position directs a Sponsored Programs Office of eight individuals who perform all pre-award, post-award, fiscal and compliance activities in a nationally ranked liberal arts institution awarding graduate and professional degrees.
- Training and supervision of staff.
- Outreach and training of university researchers and department personnel.
- Principal point of contact with sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Oversight of proposal submissions ensuring accuracy and adequacy of budgets and conformance with agency, university and state guidelines.
- Point of contact for negotiation and acceptance of awards.
- Management of grant module within the university’s enterprise reporting system (Banner).
- Preparation of required financial and data reports for internal and external requesters.
- Rigorous oversight of transactions impacting sponsored research administration to include Human Resources actions, Procurement actions, and monitoring sub recipients awards.