Instructor/Assistant Professor (Open Rank)
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes is looking to hire a full-time 1.0 FTE open rank faculty position. Depending on experience and background this position could be Instructor or Assistant Professor.
This position reports directly to Bryan Haugen, MD, Head of the Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes.
This is a clinician-educator position in the Division of Endocrinology. The primary responsibility is outpatient care for patients with all types of endocrine disorders, with a likely major focus on diabetes. However, the applicant should be comfortable with all endocrine disorders. Inpatient call and attending duties would be 2-4 weeks a year.
Other responsibilities would include teaching of medical students, residents and fellows. There is an expectation of scholarly activity as well.
Your duties in this faculty position will include clinical service, teaching and scholarly activity.
Clinical (80%): Some of these clinics will be at the Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion and some might be at the satellite facilities.
- Six to seven half-day Endocrinology clinics a week
- Two to four 2-week blocks on inpatient Endocrine consult service; including possible Glucose Management Team (GMT) coverage
- Teaching of medical students, residents and fellow in classroom and ward settings.
Scholarly activity (10%):
- Attendance at conferences within the division
- Scholarly activity which can include QI projects, clinical trials and writing of articles.
- Prior fellowship training in Endocrinology
- Previous basic or clinical research experience in at least one of the following fields: Endocrinology, Metabolism, Diabetes, weight management, obesity and diet.
- MD/DO board certified in Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Board certified or eligible in Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes
- Applicants should be enthusiastic about a career in academic medicine with a strong interest in providing excellent clinical care in the outpatient and inpatient setting. There should be a desire for teaching and writing and an interest in opportunities in clinical research.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12800
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20184 - SOM-MED-Endocrinology
Posting Date: Nov 20, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sabrina Ferguson
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00677368