Business Operations Manager
8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $96,200
Campus Business Services (CBS) is a large department within UCRs Auxiliary Services that provides a myriad of services to faculty, staff, students, and visitors of the UCR campus. The Business Operations Manager is a member of the CBS management team who work collaboratively to streamline business services across the department. Under the direction of the Director of CBS the Business Operations Manager is responsible for fostering an environment that promotes and maintains productive and positive working relationships with open channels of communication, embraces diversity and fosters inclusion and is ensures consistent application of UCR Policies and Procedures. The Business Operations Manager manages CBS staff in the areas of Business Services, Card Services, and the Business Store. This entrepreneurial position will be responsible for collaborating across all CBS units to: find efficiency of scale for business processes; develops and manages cross-functional teams to meet project and organizational objectives; be the primary representative and decision maker for CBS Business Operations, building and enhancing business relationships with UCR campus customers and CBS contracted vendors. PLEASE NOTE: Business and Administrative Services career employees at UC Riverside who have passed their probationary period will receive priority consideration for this position. If a qualified pool of candidates from within the organizational unit is not identified, qualified candidates from the campus, UC system, or external candidates may be considered at the discretion of the hiring department.
Interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising, and counseling to effectively motivate others.
Strong service orientation with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Working knowledge of the organization's processes and procedures, rules and regulations.
Skills to evaluate issues and identify resolution.
Knowledge of UCR policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview