JOB NO.: 96451-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Quality, Risk Management and Compliance
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96451-AS
Working Title: Cybersecurity Analyst
Official Title: IS SPECIALIST(S45DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: DECEMBER 10, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $70,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in network security, information security, computer science, or related field. OR Three or more years experience working in the information technology field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* At least three years' experience or training in developing, implementing, and testing network security controls, e.g. firewalls, intrusion detection systems, network proxies, etc.
* Demonstrated understanding of generating, maintaining and troubleshooting network firewall rules.
* Familiarity with configuring next generation firewall application based rules, e.g. URL filtering, spyware, content, etc.
* Experience in prioritizing tasks and communicating in an efficient and professional manner.
* Capable of working collaboratively with team members and other University colleagues.
* Advanced analytic and strategic thinking skills.
* Ability to serve customers in various communication channels (e.g. tickets, email, chat, phone) in professional manner.
* CompTIA Security+, (ISC)2 SSCP, CISSP, or comparable security-related certification.
* Can quickly adapt in constantly-changing and diverse environment.
* Experience operating established technical process workflows.
License or certificate:
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of Cybersecurity provides a variety of IT Security services for UW-Madison and UW-System. These services include Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC); Security Testing and Cyber Defense (TCD); Monitoring and Incident Response; Security Operations; and Security Education, Training, and Awareness (SETA). The TCD and Monitoring and Incident Response groups are closely aligned with the operation of the UW-Madison Cybersecurity Operations Center (UWisCSOC).
This position is responsible for completing work efforts within the Testing and Cyberdefense domain (TCD) of the Office of Cybersecurity with primary focus on supporting the network control services provided to our constituents. These controls include but are not limited to network firewalls and virtual private networks, e.g. Palo Alto Next Generation Firewall, Palo Alto GlobalProtect, etc. This position will focus on consultation of network security with the controls such as firewall rule set recommendation, analysis, issue resolution, etc and will work with campus IT and Network Services staff as needed. This position will also assist with supporting the Office of Cybersecurity network monitoring infrastructure, e.g. Suricata, Bro, Gigamon, etc.
This position will have some responsibilities for assisting with security testing using automated scanners against UW campus hosts and web applications as well as supporting the general UWisCSOC infrastructure and response activities.
Please note that successful applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship, on or before the effective date of appointment.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Online" button to start the application process. To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should specifically address the required qualifications listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Oct 29 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Nov 26 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time