Admissions & Student Affairs Specialist
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health
Admissions and Student Affairs Specialist (Part-Time and Entry-Level)
Position #753526 - Requisition 15042
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a part-time, fully benefited, entry level Admissions and Student Affairs Specialist, a University non-exempt (non-classified) position, to work at the CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
A National leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Admissions and Student Affairs Specialist will staff the front desk in the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs (OASA) and be the initial point of contact for all stakeholders. He/She will assist with onboarding of all new students and serve as the primary badging contact for all ColoradoSPH students. Furthermore, the Student Affairs Specialist will facilitate the admissions process for non-degree applicants including serving as a resource person, processing applications and onboarding. The Student Affairs Specialist will also work with the Office of Admissions and Student Affairs team on enrollment management activities such as serving as the point of contact for prospective students, monitoring admissions numbers, communicating admissions decisions, collecting enrollment documents, planning and hosting prospective student visit days, information sessions and new student orientation, and matriculating students into the Colorado School of Public Health. In addition, the Student Affairs Specialist will be involved in co-curricular student development activities that support student engagement in the ColoradoSPH. These activities may involve working with student leadership groups and other co-curricular student activities.
Examples of Work Performed:
Enrollment Management and Administration:
- Serve as a liaison for all ColoradoSPH programs and the Registrar, Admissions, Financial Aid, Bursar's Office, International Student Office, Graduate School Leadership, and Student Services Office on the Anschutz Medical Campus, UC Denver and UNC and CSU offices, to ensure comprehensive enrollment management and student engagement for students across the three partner institutions in a seamless format.
- Coordinate and implement strategies as approved that are designed to improve matriculation, enrollment and student engagement in the ColoradoSPH leading to improved retention and graduation rates
- Create and generate reports related to enrollment management and student engagement
- Provide student services for all ColoradoSPH students including but not limited LOA, change of concentration, university withdrawal, residency, financial aid, international student support and maintenance of student records.
- Monitor applications in all admissions platform programs (i.e. SOPHAS, SOPHAS Express, ERAS, CastleBranch and Slate) to ensure they are ready for review in a timely manner
- Assist in the collection and monitoring of all admission materials and student records, including immunization requirements, tuition deposits, background check orders, academic transcripts, and maintenance of all professional program student records. Provide support in the process all non-degree applications for ColoradoSPH
- Lead contact for ColoradoSPH and the Badging Office.
- Lead the Badging Process for all new students
- Lead the non-degree student application process
- Serve and lead on student engagement activities including but not limited to student groups and activities, ColoradoSPH diversity and inclusion strategic initiatives, and other co-curricular student engagement activities, such as Case Competition.
- Coordinate, plan, and oversee academic and social events for current and prospective students to ensure and to enhance student engagement and connectivity.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of new student orientation programs for ColoradoSPH to support the onboarding of new students and other prospective student events such as Visit Day, etc.
- Lead, monitor and facilitate the on-boarding process for all students
- Lead Office of Admissions and Student Affairs liaison with Academic Affairs to ensure timely printing and delivery of Certificates to completing students.
- Co-lead the planning of ColoradoSPH convocation activities.
- Monitor ColoradoSPH student affairs and admissions email accounts and answer or distribute all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Staff the front desk and main OASA phone line and provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders.
Business Support and Financial Management
- Serves as primary contact for room, media and catering requests for OASA office events
- Maintains OASA Office supplies
- Provides support for updates, reports and/or special projects from Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs
- Works with ColoradoSPH fiscal team and the Associate Dean to monitor expenditures and; reviews, reconciles and compiles relevant data on department operating budget
- Researches and reconciles discrepancies on financial statement
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this part-time entry-level position is $20,000 - $22,500 . This position is for overtime compensation and is a fully benefited position.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package.
Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
* Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
* Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations:
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff.
The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, library science, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Specific experience in the areas of admissions, recruitment, enrollment management, application processing, orientation, registrar, financial aid, or related field
- Experience working with student records systems, customer management systems, databases, or related
- Demonstrated experience in administrative support, including excellent customer/student service, budget/financials, or related
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of higher education recruitment, admissions, administration
- Technical skill and prior experience working with student information systems and databases.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Ben Weihrauch at Ben. [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by COB Monday, November 12, 2018.. Those who do not apply by 11-12-18 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20133 - CSPH-Dean General Operation
Posting Date: Oct 29, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ben Weihrauch
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00753526