Union Administration - 163110
Is this an internal posting only?
The University Union is committed to the principles of good educational practice and utilizes its resources to provide and enhance services and programs to the UNT community that interface with academics. The Union serves as the community center of campus for students and their parents, faculty, staff, and the surrounding community. Our primary purpose is to provide needed services and programs that enhance student developmental needs for social, recreational, cultural, and educational co-curricular endeavors. We assist students to become good citizens of a global community prepared to function successfully in a diverse world
The Union Administration Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Lead Custodian to join our team. The University Union Lead Custodian position assists the Union Custodial Crew Leader and Assistant Director in the total custodial care of the University Union. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* The position works under general supervision after detailed instructions have been given by the Supervisor.
* Cleaning and maintaining offices, restrooms, public area furniture, floors, carpets, windows, and sweep and clean any and all stained surfaces.
* Disposal of trash to include the transfer of recycling materials.
* Maintaining the immediate outdoor perimeter spaces, walkways and general seating areas.
* Operating various types of cleaning equipment and following safety guidelines and procedures.
* Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, and may work in hot or cold temperatures.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
One year of general working experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to keep records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring).
* Sufficient knowledge of proper use of equipment.
* Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Required: Possession of a valid Texas driver's license or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment; ability to drive a vehicle and maintain coverage under University liability insurance policy, if required to drive University vehicles.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting