Los Angeles, CA
The HR Student Worker will be able to apply problem-solving, creativity, analytical, interpersonal skills in a vast array of responsibilities assigned. The HR Student Worker will be responsible for supporting the human resources department with various administrative and clerical support needs. The HR Student Worker will assist and support the department with tasks related to recruitment and onboarding. Other activities will include assisting in the maintenance of personnel files, database, and various HR projects and initiatives.
- Assist the HR support staff in preparing for new employee orientations
- Update changes in the human resources database system
- Assist with changes to the intranet site content such as current forms, revised policies, new hire packets, current events, and other relevant material
- Create new employee folders and audit existing employee files to ensure compliance
- Research, develop, and communication of HR policies and procedures
- Make photocopies, faxes documents, and perform other clerical functions
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional demeanor and exceptional customer services skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments and meet deadlines
- Establish priorities, and work in an organized manner with an emphasis on detail and accuracy
- High level of reliability, creativity, and commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Must possess advanced knowledge/skills with the Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database software and scheduling/organizing software
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program in Human Resources or equivalent in an accredited college or university
- 1 year of experience in a professional office setting or heavy customer service experience
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology