Associate Director, Enrollment Imaging and Archive Operations
Job ID: 24811
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3312
Department: Office of the Registrar
Classification: Administrator II
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Commensurate with experience
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the University Registrar, the Associate Registrar for Enrollment Imaging and Archive Operations provides leadership and management functions for the successful and accurate processing of documents and completion of associated processes. The incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining any documentation relevant to the unit's operational responsibilities; directly managing business processes that involve data entry, imaging/verification, indexing and EDI (electronic data interchange), and data interface with various databases such as PeopleSoft, OnBase or comparable workflow management systems, and/or other student record databases. The incumbent works closely and collaboratively with all Enrollment Services units, divisional IT staff, and campus community constituents to define and accomplish desired outcomes; ensures adherence to applicable policies at the federal, state, CSU and campus levels; provides direct supervisory oversight for operational professional and student staff as well as quality leadership that motivates and rewards staff, produces quality work within a student centered customer service environment, and meets university deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages complex projects in a technical environment from inception to daily production.
- Evaluates effectiveness of operational processes to consistently improve the efficiency of the
unit and provides reports related to efficiency.
- Makes recommendations to improve operational processes in systems and staffing
- Assesses and evaluates the implemented technology policies and solutions from a strategic
and operational perspective for each of our customers, and makes recommendations in
accordance with best practices for development and improvement.
- Acts as a liaison with campus partners to identify and implement processes that meet service
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of short and long range unit goals,
objectives, policies and operational procedures.
- Assists in the development, management, and implementation of a strategic plan to enhance c
customer services via imaging technology for applicants, students, staff, faculty and
- Works with divisional IT staff and other technical groups on campus to ensure a consistent and
efficient flow of data between the imaging system and other systems on campus such as
PeopleSoft and FileMaker, and external systems such as Cal State Apply and other web-based
interfaces such as JST, WES, Parchment, E-scrip safe, Credential Solutions, and the National
- Leads processing of incoming documents through SPEEDE, JST, WES, Parchment, E-scrip
safe, Credential solutions, and the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Prioritizes workload and competing interests to maximize delivery of services.
- Manages the semi-annual development cycle for the imaging system with stakeholders to
define, document and prioritize feature requests. Transmits and manages requests to the
- Manages any necessary testing of the imaging system and its interaction with other software in
use on campus such as PeopleSoft.
- Represents the unit and/or university to various institutional divisions, the Chancellor's Office,
third party vendors, students and external constituencies.
- Ensures the dissemination of accurate and timely information to all audiences.
- Researches and recommends new technology to improve efficiency.
- Ensures CSU record retention policy is followed.
- Hires, manages and evaluates a team with a work lead, staff members, and student assistants
involved in the imaging and archive operations.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
Education and Experience
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible full-time professional work experience in a records
related environment is required.
- Three of the five years must include experience in operational management, complex
information databases management and/or imaging technology management, and data
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Master's Degree preferably in Information Systems.
- Administrative experience, leadership, and accomplishments in a records operations unit in a
high volume and fast paced environment.
- Experience with student information systems/databases, including PeopleSoft and Imaging
- Experience with developing, documenting, and implementing technical processes and project
- Experience developing and utilizing metrics to analyze and improve business processes.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the use of the English grammar, business writing, punctuation and
spelling. Knowledge of research and report writing techniques. Ability to collect, compile,
analyze and evaluate data and makes verbal or written presentations based on these data.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communication with
faculty, CSU administrators, student organizations, private and public agencies and others in
committee work, and student advising and community contacts.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures in a technical
- Ability to examine and re-engineer operations and procedures, formulating policy, and
developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work
assignments. Ability to foster an environment of professional development, performance
standards, and cooperation.
- Ability to serve as a key contributor to the Enrollment Services management team.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful strategic collaborations across departments and
divisions within the university.
- Ability to learn PeopleSoft; ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of the overall operations,
functions and programs of the campus.
- Ability to perform accurately and efficiently in a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment. Ability
to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects for self and team.
- Ability to carry out very complex assignments without detailed instructions.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of state, federal, CSU, and SJSU policies and
procedures, as well as laws governing student rights.
- Ability to analyze and define complex organizational, policy or procedural problems, collect and
evaluate data, draw valid conclusions and project consequences of various alternative courses
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible to changes and frequent interruptions, and to manage multiple tasks at
- Ability to perform complex tasks involving independent judgment, and ability to plan,
coordinate and initiate actions necessary to implement administrative or group decisions or
- Ability to identify, develop, and coordinate plans for use of resources (e.g., staffing, budget,
and materials) and to define procedures for ongoing administration and maintenance.
- Ability to identify supervision needs of staff and vary supervisory style if necessary.
- Ability to effectively lead others and communicate with diverse individuals.
- Ability to supervise employees represented by Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or
October 29, 2018
Application Screening begins November 13, 2018.
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a driminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046