Technology Support Center Manager
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 10-29-2018
This position will lead the Technology Support Center (TSC), which provides first level help desk support for account management, infrastructure services, department applications, enterprise applications, and privately owned devices utilized by prospective students, enrolled students, faculty, staff, guests, and annuitants of Illinois State University. The TSC provides first level technical and limited functional support for enterprise level services, applications, hardware, software, and University processes.
The TSC Manager will provide oversight of and act as an escalation point for the day to day Incident and Knowledge Management operations conducted in the Technology Support Center.
General job duties include but are not limited to:
1. Ensuring ISU and Administrative Technologies policy adherence by TSC staff.
2. Ensuring Incident Management processes and procedure adherence by TSC staff.
3. Supervise, guide, coach, recognize, and motivate staff to maintain steady tone of customer service and enhance staff retention.
4. Guide and direct the Knowledge Team to ensure knowledge is continually created and improved for new and existing services.
5. Monitor and report on Incident and Knowledge Management service delivery metrics.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Two years or more from the following categories:
a. 1 year of management experience
b. 1 year experience in Knowledge Management or technical writing
c. 1 year experience or degree in process analysis/design
d. 1 year experience or degree in project management
e. 1 year experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession not listed above
3. Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to research complex problems independently
4. Ability to interact and work effectively in a team environment
5. Proven customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse constituency, from end users to technical support personnel
6. Ability to effectively multitask and self-manage assigned projects and daily tasks in an environment with shifting priorities
7. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
8. If this position is security sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. One year of professional work experience providing technical support for computer and connectivity issues in wired and wireless environments
2. Experience writing technical documentation
3. Current experience supporting Mac OS X and Apple applications in wired and wireless network environments
4. Valid driver's license
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.