Events Set Up Worker
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Events Set Up Worker
Facilities - 9910100
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
Participate in loading, moving and unloading furniture and equipment to and from various locations on campus, within campus buildings, and offsite venues. Includes transporting, set-up and break-down of staging platforms and seating for campus events and involves operation of motor vehicles, fork lifts, etc.
- Operate motor vehicle, forklift and related equipment in course of moving furniture and equipment.
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs.
- Place furniture and equipment onto assistive equipment (hand truck, forklift, etc.) and transfer to moving van, truck or within building; unload at new location and set up.
- Deliver, set-up and break-down tables, chairs, stages, etc. for use in campus events both on and off campus.
- Complete appropriate records/paperwork associated with moves.
- Operate necessary hand tools and power tools.
- May be required to obtain necessary materials and supplies to include direct purchase from vendors if authorized.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- High School or GED
- Six months to one year job related experience
- Valid Georgia Driver's License
- Working knowledge and skills in staging processes and sequences, motor vehicle and forklift operation, use of hand tools and assembly skills.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
This position requires job holder to follow basic safety precautions in performing job duties. Must be able to lift or assist in lifting and transporting objects such as tables, chairs, boxes, platforms, etc. Requires climbing stairs and maneuvering equipment in and out of rooms, hallways and buildings. Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College-issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.