The Physician is responsible for clinical care at University Health Service. UHS staff physicians provide primary care and gynecology services for University students and Workers Care and Employee Health services for University faculty and staff.
Primary Care Physician, University Health Service
H8505:University Health Service/Hosp
Type of Position
Position Time Status
No set minimum requirements.
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No set minimum requirements.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
This position may require sitting, standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM with occasional evenings and weekends per departmental needs. Call averages once every 2 months.
The ideal candidate will be well trained, compassionate, dependable, have good clinical skills, have good communication skills and patient rapport, and have familiarity with an electronic medical record.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
MD or DO degree with board eligibility/certification in either Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Med-Peds, Pediatrics, Preventive Medicine, OB-GYN, or Surgery.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a licensed MD or DO in the state of Kentucky or are you eligible to obtain your license prior to the position start date?
- * Do you have any recent experience in college health?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter