Project Scientist Series
Open July 1st, 2018 through June 30th, 2019
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of California, Irvine anticipates openings in the Project Scientist Series, to study mechanisms of pain transduction.
Our current research focuses on identification of potential target genes and/or pathways responsible for abnormal sensation development in different animal models. Gene chip analysis, cellular and molecular biology techniques, histochemistry, small animal surgeries and behavioral analysis are utilized in the studies.
Preference will be given to applicants who are interested in the molecular bases of pain and have experience in using one or more of the following techniques: models of pain and genetically modified mice, immunoprecipitation, Western blots, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, RT-PCR, and recombinant DNA techniques.
Candidates should have an Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. degree(s)
TO APPLY: Please log onto UC Irvine Recruit system at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04575
Applications will be considered until positions are filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now