The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Provides routine general clerical support which may include student service, reports, and statistics.Primary Duties and Responsibilities (For Non-exempt Employees Include Percent of Effort):
- Maintains calendar, types, provides routine and general clerical support which may include student service, reports, and statistics.
- Answers telephones, takes messages, answers routine questions, and transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greets visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Orders office supplies, textbooks and desk copies.
- Composes correspondence or selects standardized formats.
- Prepares financial forms (IDRs, BEFs, Pos, work orders, check requisitions, etc for department).
- May conduct basic account/budget reconciliation.
- May provide ancillary support to business services, student services, etc.
- Ph.D. Students: Admission process. Update and maintain database and files; answer inquiries, request I-20’s; prepare offer letters for new and existing students.
- MS. Students: Update and maintain spreadsheet. Keep track of M.S. Merit Scholarships for tuition waivers.
- Graduation Clearance: Upload files and send them to the Graduate School.
- Course Schedule/Curriculum Management
- Distinguished Speaker Series: agenda, flyer, E-Veritas, attendance lists, catering service, reserve room, announcements, etc.
- Prepare faculty search PDF files for assigned faculty.
- Visitor appointments.
- Collect syllabi and file.
- Order seniors and society chapters regular and perpetual plaques/awards.
- Input changes online for bulletin (Course Leaf) new task assigned 2016
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of MS suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have organizational skills.
- Must be customer service-oriented
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) to Four (4) years’ experience.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.]]>