University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of
higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior
medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to
attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of
transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our
values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion,
Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment
where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are
one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more
than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The Account Executive is responsible for assisting in the solicitation of new season and group ticket sales for all athletic revenue-producing events.
The Account Executive will:
- Prospect and acquire new customers through phone calls, in person appointments, sales events, event days and referrals
- Generate revenue through the sales of group, general and premium season tickets
- Maintain detailed notes on prospective clients through CRM system
- Develop relationships within the local business and civic community with intent to increase product visibility, awareness and ultimately revenues to achieve short and long term sales objectives established by Athletic Department
- Make calls and presentations to new and existing customers intended to educate consumer, increase community awareness and grow revenue streams.
- Prepare and present sales progress reports providing all supporting documentation to Assistant Athletic Director for Ticket Sales
- Expedite resolution of customer complaints through use of excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with departmental, University, conference and NCAA procedures, rules and regulations
- Work evenings, weekends and travel as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>