Consultant I (Limited Term) - CODA
We are looking for a dynamic, highly effective Community Collaboration Specialist to serve as part of the project team supporting community services in Coda for the next two years. As part of the team, this role will foster and facilitate community connection, collaboration, and co-creation through the following activities:
- Provide building-related marketing and communications services to Georgia Tech occupants of Coda
- Organize and facilitate community building activities
- Facilitate exchange of information across occupants (including industry partners)
- Manage a directory of building occupants (both GT and industry partners)
- Coordinate logistics and materials for small to large-scale events held in Coda common spaces, events management
Coda is a first-of-a-kind showcase facility designed to foster organic collaboration between Georgia Tech and other entities on the forefront of technology and research. This mixed use facility boasts 21-stories and 650,000 square feet. Georgia Tech is slated to occupy nearly half of the office building while private companies will occupy the remainder. Coda is an expansion of Technology Square and will transform how the Georgia Tech community conducts research. Georgia Tech groups have the opportunity to work alongside industry partners in Coda’s vast 40,000 square feet of retail space. Coda is community where members connect, collaborate and co-create.
Job Purpose: This “limited term” position is part of the Georgia Tech CODA initiative and such roles are based on needs and requirements. All employment and assignments are ultimately contingent upon available funding and business needs. Collaboratively plan and coordinate strategies and engagements that target Institute and unit-level challenges and priorities. Participate in Institute wide program design, organizational/cultural change efforts.
- Collaborate with consultants and stakeholders to identify, define, and create solutions for Institute and unit challenges.
- Collect, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data to isolate and resolve Institutional challenges.
- Support the implementation of projects, surveys, programs, and other change initiatives for the Institute and/or assigned units.
- Support the development of implementation, change management, and communication plans for recommendations provided for Institute and/or unit challenges and priorities.
- Support the development of project documentation such as project scope agreements, status reports, assessment tools (such as surveys or interview guides), assessment reports, improvement roadmaps, and other documents to assist senior consultants and other members of project teams.
- Coordinate the documentation, tracking and communication of project tasks and progress through an online project management tool and status reporting mechanisms.
- Assist in defining, tracking, and communicating value and impact of projects through case study development.
- Perform benchmarking and value analysis.
- May lead small scale or elements of larger unit and/or Institute level projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Organizational Development or related field.
- Work Experience: One to two years of related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Ability to work within a matrix organization structure and build consensus. High proficiency using Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to prepare high quality data analysis presentations and reports.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Two to four years of related experience, Provide building-related marketing and communications services to Georgia Tech occupants of Coda, Organize and facilitate community building activities, Facilitate exchange of information across occupants (including industry partners), Manage a directory of building occupants (both GT and industry partners), Coordinate logistics and materials for small to large-scale events held in Coda common spaces, events management.
- Preferred Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Preferred Skills: Use of Sharepoint, Skype, WebEx and other collaboration tools, Experience developing communication plans, materials, and presentations, Skills in effective use of communication technologies including social media, Excellent written communication skills, with an ability to create succinct and compelling messaging
Additional Information: **This “limited term” position is part of the Georgia Tech CODA initiative and such roles are based on needs and requirements. All employment and assignments are ultimately contingent upon available funding and business needs.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a regular basis with: Institute and unit management, faculty and staff, and other members of the Strategic Consulting team. This position typically will advise and counsel: Institute and unit management, faculty and staff. This position will supervise: N/A