- Serve as an essential member of IAALS project teams as assigned by IAALS directors.
- Coordinate and maintain regular communication with stakeholders, project participants, teams, and outside consultants.
- Engage in project management support to the project director, including project task development and tracking, monitoring deliverables, reporting, and communication.
- Legal research, such as compilation of information from around the country.
- Legal writing, including drafting memoranda, law review articles, and publications.
- Copywriting, copyediting, proofreading, and ghostwriting.
- Assist with event coordination.
- Administrative functions as needed.
- Website content updates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret reports and communications, such as professional journals, with complete understanding.
- Ability to present information both comprehensively and concisely, and respond to questions from a variety of sources.
- Proficiency in proofing/editing and knowledge of proper grammar.
- Capacity to plan, strategize and prioritize work, make independent decisions, and work on multiple tasks without constant direct supervision.
- Ability to creatively problem solve.
- Capacity to understand, digest, and collate complex legal theories and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Organization, clarity, and ability to anticipate what is needed in the future.
- Possess a strong comfort level in varied social situations.
- Proven ability to meet established deadlines.
- Self-starter, who can follow through on projects.
- Ability to contribute at multiple levels across a project as needed.
- Willing to work alone as well as in a team.
- Computer proficiency involving legal research and presentation software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and project goals.
- Appreciation of the IAALS mission and vision.
- Approaches even the most simple tasks with a positive attitude; appreciates that all assignments big and small contribute to the success of the organization.
- 2 years of experience working as an attorney.
- Project management experience, including an ability to coordinate people and projects among a variety of stakeholders.
- Flexibility in working with multiple people on multiple projects concurrently.
- Legal research skills.
- Understanding of court processes.
- Ability to edit and cite check according to Bluebook and The Chicago Manual of Style.
- 5+ years of practicing law.
- Familiar with the civil litigation process in the United States and current challenges to the courts.
- Experience updating web content.
- Ability to adapt to differing work styles.
A review of applications will begin immediately. For best consideration, please submit your application materials by December 1, 2018. Applications may be accepted and reviewed until position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. For questions concerning the application process, please contact
To be fully considered for the position, you must include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.