Engineering, Applied Sciences, & Technology Librarian
The Weber State University Stewart Library seeks a dynamic candidate with enthusiasm for providing information literacy instruction, reference services and consultations, and collection management as a liaison librarian for the College of Engineering, Applied Sciences, and Technology (EAST). This is an 11-month, tenure-track, Assistant Professor position.
Reporting to the Dean of the Library, the EAST Librarian will:
- Serve as the library’s liaison to the College of Engineering, Applied Sciences, & Technology.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop and manage library information resources in EAST departments, and promote and facilitate the use of those resources.
- Teach for-credit information literacy classes (standard course load is 4 one-credit courses per academic year, either face-to-face or online).
- Participate in providing general non-credit information literacy instruction sessions, as well as course-integrated instruction for EAST classes.
- Provide approximately 4 hours per week of general reference service, with occasional rotating evening or weekend hours as back-up to scheduled staff.
- Serve as an actively participating member of the library’s instruction, reference, and collection management teams.
- Participate in faculty governance and university planning, and serve on the Faculty Senate and other faculty committees.
- Seek service opportunities within professional organizations and opportunities for ongoing professional growth and development.
- Engage in scholarly activities leading to presentations and publications.
Master’s degree in Library & Information Sciences from an American Library Association accredited program. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
At least one year of library or teaching experience, or a combination of these.
- Experience providing information literacy instruction in an academic library, or related experience.
- Experience using key EAST resources, both print and electronic, including but not limited to IEEE, ACM (Association for Computing Machinery), or Computers & Applied Sciences Complete.
- Experience providing reference service or one-on-one assistance to students or other patrons.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree, or significant coursework or work experience, in a discipline taught in the WSU College of Engineering, Applied Sciences, and Technology.
- Experience with instructional design and assessment.
- Knowledge of the ACRL Information Literacy Framework.
- Demonstrated awareness of research and scholarly communication issues in EAST disciplines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to scholarship, service, and ongoing professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and carry out projects, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of current technologies such as LibGuides, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, reference chat, Social Media, etc.
- Knowledge of Open Educational Resources (OERs) and their benefits, challenges, and applications in academic environments.
Salary & Benefits: A full-time, tenure track, faculty appointment at the Assistant Professor level, with a starting salary of $52,000. Excellent benefits, including TIAA.
Application Process: To be considered for this position, please complete the online application at https://jobs.weber.edu/ and attach a current resume, a letter of application addressing the strengths you would bring to the position, and contact information for three professional references.
Screening for the position begins November 21, 2018. The position will remain open until filled.
A criminal background check is required as a condition of employment. Individual selected must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Weber State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and educator. The University strongly encourages minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities to apply. We actively encourage applicants who can contribute to the diversity and inclusivity mission of the university through teaching, service, and/or research.
For more information on the WSU College of Engineering, Applied Sciences, & Technology and its programs, visit https://www.weber.edu/east.
To learn more about the Stewart Library and Weber State University, please visit our websites: https://library.weber.edu and https://www.weber.edu.
For additional information, contact Miranda Kispert, Science Librarian, [email protected]