Custodian (Mission College assignment)
Custodian (Mission College assignment)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 11/15/2018
The Facilities Department of the West Valley-Mission Community College District is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Custodian.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of cleaning tasks in assigned district facilities; to assist with room setup for meetings and special events; and to perform minor facilities maintenance tasks.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of January 28, 2019. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Operations & Support Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: District Facilities department, located at Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Night shift available:
- Tuesday - Thursday 10:00PM - 6:00AM
- Friday 4:00PM - 12:00AM
- Saturday 10:00AM - 6:00PM
This position may be assigned to either Mission College or West Valley College, or re-assigned from one College to the other.
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $3,983-$4,331 monthly (WVMCEA Operations & Support Salary Schedule, Range 49, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 12 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually.
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $45 to $225 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
3. Two years of responsible custodial experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, including fixtures, floors, and mirrors; replenish soap and paper goods.
- Pick up refuse from facilities and grounds; empty ashtrays and urns, wastebaskets, and other receptacles.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, and polish floors and exterior steps.
- Clean stairs, hallways, corridors, walls, moldings, boards, outside steps, windowsills, and other designated areas.
- Clean blinds, radiators, grills, intake and exhaust vents, light fixtures, elevator interiors; polish metal fixtures and handrails.
- Dust, clean and/or wax work surfaces including desktops, furniture, and woodwork.
- Move and rearrange furniture and other equipment, as needed.
- Perform special maintenance projects such as power washing of graffiti, set up for large special events, periodic window washing and/or carpet shampooing, and stripping/waxing of tile floors.
- Maintain custodial equipment in good working order.
- Read and interpret work orders.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency