Front of House Assistant
Elgin Community College
Front of House Assistant
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Coordinate the work of support staff at events taking place in VPAC facilities, ensuring well-run events with high quality customer service. Schedule volunteers, provide volunteer training, ensure patron/staff safety, troubleshoot customer service issues and oversee facility maintenance/appearance.
1. Schedule volunteers and patron services assistants for Arts Center and community rental events. Monitor calendar, update patron services assistant's event/information book, prepare and deliver reports as needed. Work as Patron services assistant when needed.
2. Recruit and train volunteers. Nurture positive, long-term relationships with volunteers. Maintain usher records, serve as primary contact for all volunteers, and track volunteer hours and the use of complimentary tickets. Plan and implement volunteer appreciation events.
3. Develop and update volunteer training materials and plan/implement training sessions.
4. Monitor feedback for patron services assistants regarding event-related issues and process requests to make improvements as needed.
5. Resolve conflicts that occur between/among patrons, ushers, and/or Patron services assistants.
6. Ensure that Patron services assistants are trained and capable of providing emergency direction to patrons and ushers in emergency situations such as inclement weather or fire. Provide first aid as needed or contact emergency authorities. Know and apply all safety regulations and procedures.
7. Attend Arts Center staff meetings to stay informed and monitor scheduling changes. Participate in strategy and planning conversations and other special projects within the Arts Center. Serve as key staff person at Arts Center events when needed.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Three years previous customer service experience working with volunteers
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at: jobs.elgin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52584
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.