Chair/Program Director and Associate or Professor of Business
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability; health & lab sciences; business & communication; and the arts & humanities. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson (Class of '29), and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
Chatham University seeks a visionary leader for its Business Programs that have a significant focus on sustainability and project management. The Chair/Director will be responsible for faculty recruitment, development, and performance management. He/she will provide curricular leadership; oversee programmatic accreditation; manage all undergraduate Business programs, the MBA program, the Master of Accounting, and collaborate on the MBA/MSUS dual degree as well as online offerings in these programs; develop partnerships with area businesses and educational institutions; and teach courses within his/her discipline.
The position is a 12-month appointment beginning July 2019 and has a competitive salary that is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In addition to the administrative functions, the position includes teaching, research, and service responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the Business Department and ensures academic integrity in all programs.
- Coordinates accreditation activities for the programs.
- Teach and advise undergraduate and graduate students in Business.
- A Ph.D. in Business Administration, Accounting, Marketing, Management or a related discipline that would allow for appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level. Credential in Green Business preferred.
- Evidence of teaching excellence at the college/university level.
- Evidence of scholarly activity.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to mentoring, and working with undergraduate and graduate students.
The successful candidate will also possess:
- An enthusiastic and dynamic personality, and a drive and desire to build strong, high-quality business programs grounded in experiential and active learning opportunities and pedagogies.
- A proven record of building teams and establishing positive working relationships with senior officials, department chairs, employees and the general public.
- An ability to foster creative methods of improving student outcomes.
- Experience in web-based course management.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- A commitment to diversity, inclusion, and ethical practice.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline for applications is January 15, 2019.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diverse employees