Program Support Assistant
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Provide programmatic support and assistance to the Director of Student Life and Campus Inclusion and the Office of Access, Equity & Diversity (OEAD). Provide clerical assistance and support for the Student Conduct Manager & Deputy Title IX Coordinator.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Student Life and Campus Inclusion with the development, delivery and support of the Center for Campus Inclusion and Diversity (CCID) programs and services.
- Receive visitors, answer telephones, review inquiries and represent functional area/office to students, faculty, administrators and public officials exercising discretion in obtaining and providing factual and confidential information.
- Perform necessary processing and maintenance of files and records as required - including, but not limited to, FERPA, Title IX, student conduct, etc.
- Compose, type and prepare routine correspondence and memoranda for administrator and staff as required.
- Assist with educational initiatives for students, faculty and staff regarding services available in the CCID, Student Life, Student Conduct and Title IX.
- Assist department with carrying out new programs/initiatives.
- Assist with assessment and evaluation of CCID, OAED, and OSL programs.
- Compile, edit, and copy reports as required.
- Compile budget data/information as requested.
- Aid in recruiting, training and assigning tasks to student employees.
- Arrange meetings, take notes when required, and maintain appointment calendars.
- Along with entire team, participate in collaboration with the Director of Student Life and Campus Inclusion on long term departmental goals.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Administrative supervision is received from the Director of Student Life and Campus Inclusion.
- Associate degree or combination of education and experience from which comparable abilities and knowledge can be acquired is required
- Advanced word processing (Microsoft office suite preferred)
- Must be able to travel and work at various locations upon request
- General office environment
Salary: $43,056 annually
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:15am - 5::00pm
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.