Registration and Records Asst-CE&T
For over 40 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under supervision, review, update and process CE&T applications, student registrations, student records, student payments and review refund and senior discount, and third party payments. Assist in the building of classes, printing of class list, and generation of related reports. Maintain student databases for all CE&T programs. Provide up to date accurate information and assistance to students, staff and community. Deliver comprehensive general information regarding all aspects of college procedures, programs and services that pertain to the enrollment process. Responsible for registration of students in courses according to established guidelines which may require some judgment in the application of policies and procedures. Provide excellent customer service.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Register and advise students, both prospective and current, of CE&T courses including course information regarding courses taught, eligibility, time, tuition and fees, locations and requirements. If necessary, route inquiries to appropriate person.
- Check, review, and process applications and registrations. Verify applications, transcripts and residency requirements to make sure data is accurate and timely.
- Receive and apply tuition payments to the student's account.
- Provide accurate information to students and the community by telephone or in person regarding Federal, State and College policies and procedures following the guidelines of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). If necessary, route inquiries to appropriate persons.
- Initiate, verify, adjust and process student refunds, senior tuition discount requests and third party payments. Investigate problems with student accounts and work with appropriate staff to resolve.
- Balance cashier's drawers and prepare reconciliation reports.
- Develop, update and maintain course and student permanent records including academic history, grades, transcripts, payments and refunds. Enter midterm and final grades.
- Assist the Manager of Operations CE&T in building and changing of courses, printing class lists and certificates and closing of classes. Proof count of seats. Process and distribute class lists to various program sites.
- Assist with the continuing assessment and evaluation of processes. Provide suggestions to enhance the delivery of enrollment services information provided in person, over the telephone and via the internet.
- Enter test data, attendance and tutor hours of students and tutor hours of ESL/Literacy volunteers and other CE&T programs as directed.
- Generate enrollment and data analysis reports as directed.
- Report Banner problems to the computer technical support group. Follow up and verify corrections or changes.
- May be required to lead training in areas of specialization to division staff.
- Perform other job-related duties as directed.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associates degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary. Course work or training in Accounting or bookkeeping is required.
- Two years general office experience is necessary.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written are required. Must be able to explain policies and communicate with others in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds and life experiences and to exhibit an adequate level of respect to fellow employees and the College community at large.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of students and any information regarding their enrollment.
- The ability to enter, retrieve and manipulate data on a computer is required.
- Requires the ability to mentally attend to and visually concentrate on a substantial amount of detail work. Must be able to analyze, edit and proofread reports, documents and data entry inputs as needed.
- Must have the ability to travel to and between multiple campuses and sites.
- General office environment. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. May require lifting of up to 10 pounds.
Administrative supervision is received from the Manager of Continuing Education & Training Operations.
Functional supervision may be exercised over student employees.
HOURS: Monday through Thursday 10:15 am - 7:00 pm; Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.