Faculty, Live Entertainment Technology-Video Production
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Montgomery
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC-Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive. Conroe, Texas 77384-4500
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. The faculty member's role encompasses the general areas of learning facilitation, professional development, and institutional service. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
- Teaches courses which include Intro to Live Entertainment, Video for Live Production, and Multimedia Content Creation for Live Production at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs. Provides interactive course instruction, and prepares exams, assignments, assessments, and evaluations
- Makes continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
- Develops and uses a syllabus for each course or lab within college and departmental guidelines
- Plans, develops and uses a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress in the course
- Submits required college reports and forms
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends student learning materials
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community
- Provides access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods
- Responsible for professional development and institutional service as determined in consultation with the Dean
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience in live production. This position will consist of teaching a full load of classes such as Project/Production Management, Intro to Live Entertainment Technology, Multimedia for Entertainment Technology, Lighting for Video, and Video for Live Production
- Mastery of course content
- Keep current with industry trends and technology
- Demonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Demonstrates interest in interdisciplinary teaching, service learning, learning technologies, course development, and adult learning methodologies including collaborative learning, learning communities, and distance learning
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technology
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
- Minimal physical effort is required
- Requires the ability to use audio/visual equipment
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstations running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment. Mac computer lab, Final Cut X, Adobe CC, Digial Audio Workstations, Blackmagic Design video switching and distribution hardware, lighting equipment (LED, Tungsten, and HMI; both conventional and moving), Genie Lift, SD/HD/4K cameras, Midas and AVID audio consoles, QLab, Isdadora, ETC and MA lighting consoles
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2097151 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Technical Theatre, Multimedia, Projection Design, or related field, plus a minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Master of Arts or Masters of Fine Arts degree with at least 2 years of experience.
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College to Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Conroe
Work Locations: 3200 College Park Dr (0400) , 3200 College Park Dr , Conroe , 77384
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Montgomery - 04
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Transcript 1, Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy
Job Posting: Aug 29, 2018, 4:42:22 PM