FNP/AGNP - Clinical Instructor
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Position #00649439 - Requisition 14579
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time Faculty FNP/AGNP position at our Sheridan Health Services clinic (3525 W. Oxford Ave, Denver, CO 80236).
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (AGNP) for a full-time, benefits-eligible, position with the University of Colorado, College of Nursing at its Sheridan Health Services (SHS) Community Clinic, in Denver, CO (80236). This position is located at SHS, providing health care services to patients on a daily basis. This position includes an Instructor level, clinical teaching track appointment within the College of Nursing.
Sheridan Health Services (SHS) is a multi-site, nurse-managed federally qualified community health center, funded through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Bureau of Primary Healthcare; and is a collaborative effort between the College of Nursing and the Sheridan School District. There are now ~40 employees at two convenient locations to serve community health needs primarily for residents of Sheridan, Englewood, and North Littleton. A school-based clinic is located in Sheridan Middle School. The community health center is located on the Fort Logan campus and provides services to adults. Services offered include primary care across the lifespan; prenatal and postpartum care, gynecology, dentistry, pharmacy, behavioral health, and outpatient substance abuse treatment. We extend the reach of the clinic through public health outreach where nursing students provide community outreach, health education, and home visitation services.
Work is performed independently under the general direction and authority of the CEO of Sheridan Health Services, Inc. as part of the College of Nursing (CON) faculty practices. Supervision will be provided directly by the Clinical Director.
Student supervision is required during clinical placements.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Serves as primary care provider for the clinic's patient population
- Performs accurate physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, treatments, follow-up, and consultation.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care
- Participates in after-hours call
- Obtains patient history and develops comprehensive plan of care
- Provides health education to patients, students, families, and/or community health practitioners and groups
- Provides leadership in design and implementation of integrated, interprofessional models of care delivery and evaluation of patient outcomes
- Participates in programmatic planning, developing specific evidence-based health policies and procedures
- Practices safety, environmental, and infection control methods
- Functions as a clinical preceptor and/or clinical instructor for health professions students
- Provides individualized client teaching and counseling utilizing evidence based practice.
- Identifies deviations from normal and consults as needed.
- Completes necessary documentation in a timely fashion.
- Ensure strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures.
- Adept at Electronic Health Record (EHR) and EHR trouble shooting, improvement processes, and downtime procedures.
- Assists with grant reporting as needed.
- Actively participates in marketing and patient recruitment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Active participation in health plan contracts.
- Remains credentialed by the health plans and ensure credentialing materials stay current.
Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Considerable degree of independent judgment and work priorities is necessary to monitor and respond to changes in a client's condition.
- Ability to use computer and clinic software, and to document in EHR, ensuring. completeness and accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with patients, their families, and other members of the health care team
- Competent in conversational Spanish
- Attention to details.
- This is a health care environment with some exposure to biological hazards and infectious disease.
- Active participation in health plan contracts.
- Remain credentialed by the health plans and ensure credentialing materials stay current.
- Actively participates in marketing and patient recruitment
- Take one week-at-a-time on-call in a rotation schedule.
- Availability to work weekends as needed
- Graduate degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Board certification as an FNP or AGNP
- Current in-restricted licensure as RN and APN (Must have CO licensures by date of hire. Could be working toward CO clinical licenses during application process and registered with DORA-Department of Regulatory Agencies.)
- Full or Provisional Prescriptive authority required. Must obtain Full Prescriptive Authority within two years of hire date.
- Current BLS/CPR Certification
- Bilingual (conversational Spanish/English speaking)
- Current DEA licenses
- Experience working with population based outcomes preferred
- Experienced clinical preceptor desired
- Experience working with vulnerable populations who experience difficulty accessing care
Conditions of employment:
- Valid NPI number by date of hire
- Completed CAQH by date of hire
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14579
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV, and a copy of current BLS/CPR certification
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Aug 29, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rod DeVriendt
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00649439