Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty, School of Architecture (F1800039)
The School of Architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants to fill one or more Specialized Faculty positions. These positions are non-tenure-track and will be between zero to 100% time, depending on the school's needs. Specialized Faculty teach assigned courses throughout the semester such as design studios, history lectures, and structures/technology lectures, etc.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses for the School of Architecture in one or more instructional fields (on-campus or online), mentor and oversee Graduate Teaching Assistants as needed, meet with instructors of other sections when appropriate.
- Adjunct Instructor/Instructor: Master's degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught. Lesser degrees will be considered if accompanied by significant professional experience.
- Adjunct Lecturer/Lecturer: Terminal degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught.
Preferred Qualifications (All Ranks):
- Three years of combined teaching and professional experience in a field relevant to the intended field of instruction. Merit-based exceptions to this qualification will be considered.
Proposed Starting Date: August 16, 2018; or January 1, 2019
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience.
To ensure full consideration: please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and upload the following:
- A letter of application which addresses your interest in serving as Specialized Faculty, an indication of the course(s) or subjects for which you would like to be considered, and the semester(s) in which you would be available to teach.
- A current CV
- A list of three professional references, including name, address, email, and phone number. These references should be able to speak to your teaching and professional experience and expertise.
- Optional: you may also submit supporting graphic or written material appropriate to the field(s) of instruction for which you wish to be considered as well as evaluations from previous teaching experience.
For full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by June 15, 2018 for Fall 2018, and October 1, 2018 for Spring 2019. Interviews may take place and offers may be made before the closing date, but all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration for an open position.
For further information regarding the position or application procedures, you may contact Tish Lehigh (Human Resources) at [email protected]
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Fine & Applied Arts - School of Architecture
Category: Faculty and Other Academic
Title: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty, School of Architecture (F1800039)
Open Date: 05/01/2018
Organization Name: Architecture