Senior HRIS Business Analyst
Requisition # 2018-9218
Department Human Resources
Category Human Resources
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Senior Business Analyst supports the service delivery of Human Resources Systems, including PeopleSoft HCM, IBM Cognos Analytics, Tableau, cloud products and other HR systems. The Senior Business Analyst works within the Office of Human Resources and works on HRIS projects, playing a critical role in the implementation of process improvement initiatives, system enhancements, and delivery of production support tasks for the University's HCM systems. The role will conduct business process analysis, requirements gathering, systems maintenance / upgrades, user security, interface administration and configuration of the PeopleSoft HCM system. The Senior Business Analyst ensures that Human Resources systems are integrated, cohesive and supportive of technology needs and objectives which includes the integrity, safekeeping and compliant management of all employee data. The incumbent is responsible for reporting, providing data and identifying data and analytics to improve the employee experience and business outcomes. This position reports to the Manager, HRIS.
The successful candidate should have broad experience with PeopleSoft HCM v 9.2 and cloud systems including developing business requirements, system configuration, troubleshooting, security administration, integration and interfaces with third party systems
HCM Project and process improvement:
- Develops process improvements or re-engineers and recommends changes; develops business requirements, integrates new systems and processes with existing ones; and partners with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies.
- Collaborates closely with systems users and business owners to identify and prioritize requests, key initiatives and corresponding system enhancements. Stays current with the HR product road map, and works with users and business owners to adopt new functionality.
- Serves as subject matter expert for PeopleSoft and other HCM systems. Applies knowledge to maintain effective system utilization and accuracy.
- Leads or participates in multiple projects that streamline current HR processes and continually identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness. Manages project scope; adjusts schedules when necessary; determines daily priorities; ensures efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; follows proper escalation paths; and manages customer relationships.
- Manages resources in accordance with project schedule. Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level;
- Communicates process and systems changes to other areas within HR.
- Develops and maintains user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy.
HCM Production support, maintenance and operations:
- Manages system implementations, upgrades, enhancements, data integration and configuration of PeopleSoft Human Resources setup tables, including department, job codes, salary plans and custom HR tables. Tests enhancements and fixes and conducts user acceptance testing.
- Leads testing efforts and ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensures the resolution of production issues by working directly with users and the Office of Information Technology (OIT).
- Collaborates with OIT teams, analysts, and vendors to ensure complete integration of solutions across systems and areas. Provide subject matter expertise when needed.
- Serves as department security administrator and works with OIT to implement security changes to user's profiles. Participates in internal and external systems and data audits
Training, documentation and reporting:
- Develops and maintains up-to-date functional documentation, standard operating procedures and system documentation. Develops and maintains user guides and training material as needed.
- Uses data and analysis to identify trends, create and maintain dashboards, design and produce regularly scheduled reports, conduct ad hoc reporting that informs, measures and enhances human resources offerings, leadership effectiveness, and improved business outcomes.
- Provides the necessary training to support end user needs.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years HRIS business analyst experience and functional Human Resources knowledge required; Human Resources Professional certification preferred
- Business process design/re-engineering and implementation experience required
- Demonstrated project management experience required
- Ability to manage multiple projects. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required
- Experience in SDLC for HCM projects required
- Experience configuring and supporting compensation planning systems. PeopleSoft Absence Management module configuration and administration strongly preferred
- Professional experience in a university setting preferred
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM security structure preferred
- Knowledge of Cognos Analytics and Tableau preferred
- Experience with managing vendor relationships preferred
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.