Financial Data and Reporting Analyst
Working Title: Financial Data and Reporting Analyst
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: School of Medicine, Finance
Posting Date: 08-28-2018
The School of Medicine Dean's office is looking for a junior or senior Financial Data and Reporting Analyst to join the Budgeting, Financial Reporting, and Analysis team. This position will play a central role in key strategic budgetary projects including the upcoming implementation of a new cloud based budget system for the School and the UVA Practice Plan. In addition, this position will be actively involved in the effort to expand the level of analytical support to the senior management of the School and utilize the data available through the new BI initiatives. The position will collaborate with team members and various stakeholders to successfully turn data into informative and actionable information.
The position requires an independently motivated, results-oriented individual who can effectively communicate across all levels of the organization. A Bachelor's Degree in finance or related field is required. At least three year of relevant experience is required for the junior level position. At least five years of relevant experience is required for the senior level position. Candidates are expected to have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, as well as proficiency with financial modeling concepts and/or statistical software. A Master's degree in finance, management, or data science is preferred. Experience working in a higher education or health care industry financial role is highly desirable. Experience with cloud based enterprise management tool is highly desirable.
This is a restricted position contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to synthesize complex financial or operational data and provide sound advice to senior management, administrators and faculty.
2. Excellent problem solving skills as well as ability to exercise independent judgment.
3. Knowledge of budgetary procedures, modeling concepts and data analysis tools and practices.
4. Capacity to utilize enterprise data management and reporting tools.
5. Ability to communicate and work collaboratively across all level of the organization.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85363