HRIS Systems Administrator
Requisition # 2018-9217
Department Human Resources
Category Human Resources
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Systems Administrator supports the maintenance of the PeopleSoft HCM system in addition to other systems supported by the HRIS team. As Princeton University's HRIS work transitions to automated transactions, the Systems Administrator role will initially participate in data administration but will evolve into administration of eForms and auditing. The Systems Administrator serves as a technical point of contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The Systems Administrator also supports systems upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned. This position reports in to the Manager, HRIS.
- Provides technical support for HRIS (PeopleSoft, Gideon Taylor eForms, and other systems) including, but not limited to, researching and resolving system issues and unexpected results or process flaws. Escalates issues as needed with programmer or vendor to attain resolution of issue.
- Notifies affected users of technical or known issues in a timely manner.
- Recommends system design changes and upgrades based on efficiency of current system and user needs. Designs systems specifications and works with programmers to implement and test.
- Analyzes audit needs and develops standard audit reports of the HRIS system for functional areas.
- Supports HRIS upgrades, patches, testing, and other technical projects as assigned.
- Supports maintenance of system tables and business rules, including year-end system table updates.
- Assists with data entry of HR/benefits transactions. Ensures timely processing to align with payroll schedule.
- Confirms accuracy and integrity of all data entered.
- Collaborates and coordinates across HR functional areas to ensure transactional processes comply with policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to transactional work. Coordinates resolution with appropriate HR functional area as well as outside departments such as Payroll.
- Fulfills ad hoc and recurring data requests from internal customers.
- Participates in projects that streamline current HR processes and continually identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and effectiveness. Communicates any changes to other areas within HR.
- Develops and maintains user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
- Participates in HR systems-related projects, as needed.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of HRIS systems administration experience required
- 1-3 years of PeopleSoft HR and Benefits experience required
- Ability to translate functional business requirements into technical specifications required
- Experience with query/report writing required
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required
- Well organized and able to manage multiple priorities required
- Ability to meet deadlines required
- Ability to handle confidential information in a responsible and accurate manner required
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both oral and written) required
- Experience with PeopleSoft set up tables preferred
- Experience in University setting preferred
- Experience creating and maintaining end-user documentation preferred
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.