Requisition # 2018-9219
Department VP for Campus Life
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Administrative Assistant provides primary administrative support to the Dean for Diversity and Inclusion and supports the budgetary, contractual, and scheduling functions of three University centers (Carl A. Fields Center, Women's Center and LGBT Center). The Administrative Assistant will play a critical role in the daily operations of an energetic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment.
- Manages the calendar of the Dean for Diversity and Inclusion and schedules meetings
- Answers the phone, screens calls/messages, and addresses and/or helps resolve questions and concerns
- Assists Dean with organizing logistics and communications for meetings, committees, initiatives, travel, etc.
- Manages and prepares expense reports for the Dean; Monitors several accounts, processes vendor invoices, and reconciles Center budgets; Runs regular budget reports for the Centers and meets quarterly with staff for budgetary updates and support; Processes contractual forms and payments for speaker/vendor fees and honoraria.
- Assists Dean with the efficient preparation and distribution of correspondence, such as emails, memos, reports, meeting notes, etc. This includes formatting, proofreading, editing and distributing written and electronic materials with a high degree of accuracy and thorough attention to detail.
- Manages some space reservation processes of the centers, primarily the Carl A. Fields Center.
- Undertakes special projects and performs other administrative duties as needed.
- Associates Degree
- 4 - 6 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Acrobat, and PowerPoint - Experience in an academic environment, working closely with college/university students.
- Knowledge of financial operating systems (e.g., PRIME, Concur, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High level of proficiency with computers and the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook mail and calendars, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and take initiative
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills and ability to quickly learn new tasks
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team -Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong copy-editing and proofreading ability
- Discretion and the ability to appropriately handle sensitive, confidential information
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.