Assistant Vice President, Graduate Enrollment
Job Description Summary
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President of Enrollment & Support Services, the Assistant Vice President of Graduate Enrollment is a dynamic leader responsible for all activities related to achieving the goals of Graduate Enrollment, including key performance indicators related to student outreach, incoming student satisfaction, call quality, and growth goals. The role provides a central point of leadership and communication within the entire campus community for Graduate Enrollment strategies and operates collaboratively with all departments towards common goals and positive outcomes.
The Assistant Vice President of Graduate Enrollment helps Saint Leo University achieve its growth goals by directly or indirectly coaching, motivating, and guiding five or more Associate Directors and a total team of 25 or more individuals.
The Assistant Vice President leads all enrollment activities related to the recruitment of Graduate students attending in a variety of modalities, as well as the overall recruitment process - managing prospective student communications from the point of initial contact through registration and successful start of first term courses in a fully coordinated effort with Academic and Student Services leadership.
In addition to resume, please include the following documents for consideration:
1. Cover Letter*
2. Values Statement*
*Additional documents may be uploaded in the "My Experience" portion of the application (Resume/CV section listed below Language).
Values Statement: Please include a values statement (500 words or less) which highlights how your administrative philosophy and practices fit the Missions and Values of Saint Leo University. The Mission Statement and Values are available on the Saint Leo website (www.saintleo.edu).
Duties and Tasks:
- Lead, supervise, and coordinate all activities of the Graduate Enrollment staff.
- Manage, train, and develop a leadership team of 5 or more Associate Directors with a total team of 25+ individuals.
- Bring best practices in student acquisition and retention activities from both traditional and online environments.
- Ensure all members of the enrollment team operate with integrity and a focus on operating with the best interest of students in mind in full alignment with our Core Values.
- Ensure through consistent auditing and coaching methods an outstanding enrollment through first-term registration experience for graduate online students.
- Ensure a smooth transition between Graduate Enrollment Counselors and Graduate Student Advisors through fostering a collaborative environment amongst all team members.
- Develop the Associate Director team's managerial skills so that they will be consistent, effective leaders and mentors to their team members in a proactive, student-centered approach.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure that enrollment, retention, student satisfaction, and revenue objectives are achieved.
- Guide prospective student communication plan from the point of initial contact through first term registration. Identify opportunity areas for improvement.
- Partners with the Admissions Operations and Enrollment Training teams that process documents and monitor compliance of enrollment staff with all internal and external policies and regulations.
- Assist in developing strategies for the mining of prospective applicant data, and create a plan for outreach and follow through that maximizes enrollment potential of qualified students.
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence, community and integrity.
- Provide clear processes and performance expectations to ensure employees have a comprehensive understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in developing strategies for involving alumni and current students in the recruiting and mentoring process.
- Ensure compliance with all Saint Leo policies and all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Position is based at University Campus (Saint Leo, FL), with periodic travel to Tampa Student Support Center (Tampa, FL).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
• Five or more years of progressive experience in successful contact center management, with a minimum of three or more years in higher education leadership required.
• Prior experience working with the adult student population attending within an online format required.
• Proficiency with MS Office and managing student databases required.
• Experience managing a team of 20 or more employees required.
• Superior oral and written communications skills.
• Superior organizational skills.
• Exceptional leadership skills.
• Ability to engage with a variety of constituents (prospective and current students, alumni, faculty, etc.) from many different cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to execute multiple objectives concurrently.
• Ability to effectively utilize database information and interpret comprehensive reports.
• Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends. Some travel required.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.