Senior Professional Research Assistant
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO
ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
Colorado School of Public Health
Department of Communication and Behavioral Health
Community Epidemiology and Program Evaluation Group (CEPEG)
Senior Professional Research Assistant (Sr. PRA)
Nature of Work
The Department of Community and Behavioral Health and the Community Epidemiology & Program Evaluation Group (CEPEG) have an opening for a Sr. PRA (1.0 FTE) to join a team conducting qualitative and quantitative evaluation research.
CEPEG at Anschutz Medical Campus conducts research and evaluation to improve the health and wellbeing of populations and to advance health equity. We have extensive experience in chronic disease prevention, adolescent health, and tobacco control. Our expertise includes qualitative and quantitative methods, program and policy evaluation, technical assistance and training, and survey research. Past and current partners include the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), other state health agencies, local, community-based organizations and health departments, private foundations and numerous hospital systems. For more information on CEPEG, please go to: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/PublicHealth/community/CEPEG/Pages/CEPEG.aspx
The person who fills this position will initially work on new and ongoing CEPEG projects related to the evaluation of state-funded to prevent and reduce tobacco use in Colorado. The Sr. PRA will have will have various levels of responsibility for designing, collaborating on and conducting external evaluation of projects such as tobacco cessation and prevention-focused patient navigation efforts in multi-unit housing, and policy and media projects targeting tobacco relapse. These evaluations will include both quantitative and qualitative work.
Sara Cooper, Research Associate, Department of Community and Behavioral Health
Examples of Work Performed
Research and Evaluation
- Developing and conducting secondary-data studies that support tobacco control program planning, evaluation, and advancement of the field.
- Conducting substantive investigations into complex problems, ideas, concepts or theories and applying appropriate methodologies.
- Communicating with internal and external collaborators and disseminating findings.
- Developing outstanding quality publications in well-recognized peer reviewed journals.
- Attending and presenting at local and/or national conferences, as well as holding leadership roles in state and national professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed knowledge of tobacco control strategies, methods, and evaluations.
- Experience with program evaluation, qualitative, and quantitative research projects.
- Ability to translate research concepts into practical and implementable projects.
- History of work in collaborative, multi-institution/multi-organization projects or programs especially state and local public health agencies and community organizations.
- Demonstrated publication and report writing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative, supportive relationships with project participants.
- Advanced computer skills including statistical software (e.g., SAS, SUDAAN, Stata, R) word processing, email, internet, spreadsheets, and database usage.
- Willingness and ability to travel on occasion for project-related activities.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position has been established at $55,000 - $70,000 and the actual salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- MPH or MSPH degree
- 3+ years designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative evaluation and research studies.
- Excellent analytical and communications skills, including written and verbal communications.
- Advanced degree in public health or related field.
- Demonstrated track-record publishing in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at national meetings.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Olivia Kenney at [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14563
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21424 - CSPH-CBH General Ops
Posting Date: Aug 28, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Olivia Kenney
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00752823