The CU Office of Advancement, in Broomfield, Colorado, manages and coordinates administrative functions to support the campus-based fundraising field staff. These functions include communications, database management, estate gift planning, gift processing, marketing, research and other services. These centralized services place the institution in an optimal position to attract substantial support from the philanthropic sector.
The IT professional performs a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks, including analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices including hand-held devices for the entire organization. This position supports advancement and CU Foundation staff on each campus. The IT Professional position reports to the Director of IT and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to inquiries and requests for technical assistance assigned through the Cherwell ticketing system, the University Information Systems (UIS) department, or through specific individual requests.
- Leads computer implementation projects, including PC and laptop software installation at all Advancement sites as well as printer installation and repair.
- Includes equipment moves/set up and installation and moves of wireless access points and switches.
- Completes server room maintenance, which includes the installation of servers/networking equipment, patch cords, and other upgrades as needed.
- Provides support to allow system access with employees approved hand-held devices.
- Delivers personalized IT infrastructure support using remote capabilities and leading edge automation tools.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, researches, supports, and resolves IT issues such as desktop applications. Escalates network and server issues and requests as needed.
- Assists with managing server backups.
- Makes recommendations on hardware and software programs.
- Collaborates with other IT personnel across each of the university campuses on projects and updates.
- Executes IT project and tasks on an ad-hoc basis.
- Responsible for all IT asset inventory.
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers across all campuses.
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Skilled in utilizing:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access)
- Windows 7/10 desktop operating systems
- Active Directory
- WDS and MDT imagining software
- FTP software
- Ellucian Advance and ADM
- Asset Management
- Lutz Athletics.
- Ability to exercises judgment and decision making in the diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
- Knowledge of Cherwell ticketing system or other incident tracking software.
- Knowledge of Bomgar, TeamViewer, or other remote access tools.
- Basic command line and scripting knowledge.
- Basic Active Directory knowledge.
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to troubleshoot and resolve project issues and challenges.
- Ability to deliver strong attention to detail and be deadline orientated.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on various issues simultaneously, ensuring the integrity of each project.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity of handling 50 pounds or more occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully.
- Ability to travel from the Broomfield office to campuses on an as-needed basis.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Broomfield. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $50,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience (education may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis).
- One (1) year of experience working in an IT - Related role.
- Previous experience with technical support.
- MCSA Windows Certification
- A+ Certification
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by September 4, 2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next to each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50206 - Advancement Operations
Posting Date: Sep 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Joshua Brumley
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00002326