System Identification Number:
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Outreach and Instruction Librarian is a member of the UNT Libraries' Library Learning Services Department and has a strong vision for delivery of outreach services and facilitates departmental outreach efforts to assist in the empowerment of students to achieve academic success. The Librarian is forward-thinking, interested in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and initiatives aimed at improving undergraduate student success at the University. The Librarian works directly with student groups and will seek out and build relationships with student-centered units and programs across campus, especially those supporting traditionally underserved populations. The Librarian is service oriented and is dedicated to delivering services on the patrons' terms, accessible, empathetic, and dedicated. The Outreach and Instruction Librarian exercises broad independent judgment and authority under the general direction of the UNT Libraries' Learning Services Department Head.
The Outreach and Instruction Librarian serves as a subject librarian. Subject librarian duties include providing instruction, research assistance, collection development services, the creation and maintenance of subject guides and works collaboratively with the First Year Experience Coordinator to support departmental outreach initiatives.
* Facilitates outreach initiatives that support student success
o Pursues collaborative outreach activities with other campus departments serving students
o Identifies underserved areas, new opportunities, and partnerships
o Coordinates National Library Week activities for the Public Services Division
o Works closely with the Libraries' External Relations Division on marketing and communication to these stakeholders.
o Works collaboratively with and under the guidance of the First Year Experience Coordinator to support departmental outreach initiatives.
o Coordinates the assessment of departmental outreach efforts
* Serves as Subject Librarian to students and faculty
o Provides specialized, embedded and individual reference consultations and services.
o Provides library instruction.
o Develops web content and library instructional materials, including class pages, subject guides, and print handouts.
o Provides communication and outreach.
o Facilitates collection development for subject areas.
o Participates in activities of the Subject Liaisons Workgroup.
* Provides training for staff on topics related to subject librarian areas.
*Participates in LLS Department activities.
o Participates in LLS Department projects as assigned.
o Participates in strategic planning of LLS Department.
* Develops collaborative networks with university student-centered groups
* Performs reference services, guest lectures, faculty liaison duties, and serves on Library and University committees as needed.
* Maintains a collegial working relationship with other library departments, offices, and divisions.
* Works to meet the requirements for scholarly, creative, and professional activities.
* Works to meet the requirements for service to the libraries, university, and the community.
* Fosters positive relations with faculty, students, and staff and promotes the University's and Library's commitment to diversity.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
* ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information sciences or international equivalent
* Strong commitment to public service and student learning and engagement
* 2 years' experience providing reference, research assistance, and instruction services
* 3 years customer service experience
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
* Ability to adjust priorities, take initiative, set goals, manage time wisely, make quick, effective decisions, and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
* Aptitude for thinking creatively and developing products and services, such as training materials and workshops
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish positive and productive collaborations with faculty and staff
* Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations
* Demonstrated proficiency in a Windows environment, MS Office applications, and electronic resources
* Experience coordinating outreach activities
* Experience creating and maintaining LibGuides
* Evidence of leadership, entrepreneurship, and initiative
* Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and in a team environment
Area of Specialty:
Outreach and Instruction Librarian
Non-Tenured Appointment Term:
Open Until Search Closed
Required Applicant Documents:
List of Names and Contact Information of Three References
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide a brief statement on your approach to creating sustainable library collaborations with new partners on campus serving the undergraduate student population. (Upload in Other Document link)