Cashier/Member Services Assistant
10AM - 7PM
$40,674 - $57,650
The UC Riverside, Recreation department is seeking a Cashier/Member Services Assistant to, under the general direction of the Membership Services and Cashiering Manager, provide excellent customer service and act as cashier and transactor (following Business 49) for business services initiated at the Student Recreation Center (SRC) access counters for all Recreation programs. Services include selling SRC memberships, recreation class registrations, programs/events, and Pro Shop items. Cashiering totals of approximately $600,000 annually. The Cashier/Member Services Assistant will also be responsible for enforcing the SRC access control policy and assisting SRC users with any access issues. In addition the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the hiring, training, supervising, and support of student employees.
Two years of cash handling experience including daily balancing and deposit preparation.
Hired applicant must be bondable and pass a background investigation.
Experience using electronic data POS units and standard cashiering procedures.
Skill in handling currency, making comparisons and computations quickly and accurately.
Strong math abilities and a knack for paying attention to detail.
Knowledge of standard retail security policies and procedures.
Customer Service and Communication:
Skill in communicating effectively and professionally among various audiences.
Experience within a customer service oriented environment responding to and meeting/exceeding the needs of the customer.
Skill in interacting diplomatically with the public in a high volume, continuous public contact setting.
Skill in listening, anticipating, identifying the customer's perspective and responding to the needs of customers to achieve and maintain excellent customer service measured by outcomes rather than activities.
Skill in understanding and interpreting the department's policies and procedures to customers.
Skill in effectively communicating with tact and diplomacy.
Ability to interact effectively with department staff as well as campus and outside community.
Ability to work effectively as an individual, a team member, and with diverse groups.
UC Online Systems Experience:
Demonstrated experience with UCR systems and applications (i.e. Banner, CCRRS, etc.).
Experience with training, supervising, and evaluating the performance of assigned personnel.
Experience in supervising students in a higher education environment.
Experience in directing, organizing, and prioritizing workload to meet required deadlines and department objectives.
Experience in a supervisory role responsible for hiring, directing, disciplining, and complaint resolution.
Skill in using professional judgement in addressing issues.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview