Executive Director, Nursing Program
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office at 5000 Research Forest Drive. The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
Provide administrative oversight by managing staff and/or resources of the Nursing Program. The Executive Director is responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives, and ensuring program compliance with state Texas Higher Education Coordination Board (THECB), as well as maintaining full accreditation through the Accreditation Commission on Education in Nursing (ACEN). Responsible for program success through marketing and enrollment. Fully responsible for budget planning and resource allocation for area. Directs all aspects of the nursing program, including the admission, orientation, advising, progression, graduation and, when necessary, the probation, appeal and dismissal of students.
- Provides leadership in curriculum design, instructional delivery, accreditation, and assessment activities. Applies/adopts best practices to promote effective teaching and learning strategies. Evaluates adjunct nursing faculty and staff
- Employs appropriate enrollment management, retention and completion strategies
- Develops, assembles, and recommends annual budgets by researching, reviewing, and analyzing historic information and projecting future needs. Controls and authorizes expenditures within the limitations of approved budgets
- Gathers data from program surveys (graduate, employer satisfaction, etc.). Prepares data and college reports for THECB, Board of Nurse Examiners, and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing reports, site visits, and self-studies, and submits as appropriate
- Participates in faculty hiring committees and other committees as needed. Serves on all system nursing admissions and grievance committees, and facilitates system- wide nursing faculty meetings
- Facilitates the development of revised and new curriculum and program elements that stay current with State requirements for nursing practice
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with business and industry partners, agencies, community organizations and/or education institutions
- Works with appropriate personnel to mediate student and faculty concerns and resolve conflicts; follows chain of command; follows college procedures for grievances. Facilitates student appeals; manages student class and clinical issues. Orients all new students to nursing program; coordinates student information and orientation sessions
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to diversity
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals and institutions
- Leadership style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Ability to utilize computer based resources
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment.
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position.
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2097151 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Doctorate in Nursing (Ph.D. or DNP) or earned doctoral degree in related field (Ed.D Education, Ph.D Educational Leadership)
- Experience in nursing administration, practice, or education in the nursing field within the last 3 years
- At least 3 years of management/supervisory experience
- Teaching experience in a professional nursing education program
- Current Texas R.N. license
- Experience managing/directing a Professional Nursing Program
- Experience in BSN Program
- Experience with accreditation
We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College to Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities, sabbatical opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-The Woodlands
Work Locations: 5000 Research Forest Drive (0000) , 5000 Research Forrest Drive , Houston , 77381
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: LSC Montgomery - 04
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Jul 3, 2018, 7:42:12 PM