ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF GRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS
Duties: The University of Pennsylvania's Development and Alumni Relations Marketing and Communications (DARMAX) Department is responsible for conceiving and executing communications strategies to advance the goals of Penn's Development and Alumni Relations office (DAR) and the mission of the University.
The Assistant Director of Graphic Communications provides a range of graphic design services within the Development and Alumni Relations, Marketing and Communications unit (DARMAX). This position also plays a role in digital asset management. Expert graphic design abilities are crucial. Photographic abilities are beneficial. An understanding of nonprofit development and alumni relations is beneficial. This position reports to the Senior Art Director.
* Designs print collateral including event invitations, programs, proposals, and brochures, following graphic guidelines as appropriate for Penn and the Power of Penn Campaign.
* Creates graphic elements as requested by DAR colleagues in schools, centers and central units including logos, letterhead, infographics, and other branding elements with oversight from the Director of Graphic Communications.
* Designs emails for mass-email event promotions
* Completes web updates as needed for the Campaign website.
* Responsible for curating photographic and video material created through DARMAX, with overall responsibility for managing the shared (DAR-wide) digital asset management system DARIL.
Please include online Portfolio on resume.
Reference Number: 90-30276
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DAR Communications
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: U-Art/Design/Music