Lecturer – College of Health Solutions
The College of Health Solutions is seeking a full-time, non-tenure eligible faculty member at the rank of Lecturer to teach undergraduate courses within the required college curriculum. This is a non-tenure track teaching position with no research responsibilities. Faculty duties include teaching, with the possibility that some courses may be hybrid or online, (80%, equivalent to 12 credits per semester) and service to college and relevant degrees (20%). Applicants must present evidence of teaching experience and a strong commitment to high quality teaching at the undergraduate levels.
The College of Health Solutions is dedicated to translating scientific advances to improve health outcomes through education, research and service. We equip students with the knowledge and skills to influence healthier lifestyle choices; develop creative interventions to improve the health of people and populations; analyze and translate large amounts of health data into solutions; and maximize the technology, science, business and application of diagnostics. The college’s research programs encompass basic/discovery science, clinical trials, intervention science, and measurement of health outcomes. In all cases, the CHS focus is to use interdisciplinary approaches to addressing the complex systems that underpin all health problems for the goal of improving health outcomes of the population. This includes behavioral health, biomedical diagnostics, biomedical informatics, executive education, exercise science, health promotion, health sciences, kinesiology, medical studies, nutrition, population health, the science of health care delivery, and speech and hearing science. Our programs are offered at ASU’s Downtown Phoenix, Tempe, West and Lake Havasu campuses, as well as on Mayo Clinic’s Scottsdale campus.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. U.S. News & World Report ranks ASU #1 in the U.S. for innovation (three years in a row). For additional information regarding ASU and the College of Health Solutions, go to: http://about.asu.edu/ and https://chs.asu.edu
- Master's degree or higher in Health Promotion, Health Science, Health Education, Exercise & Wellness, or a related field.
- Two years teaching experience at the college/university level.
- Experience teaching freshmen in courses with large enrollments
- Experience in using an online course management system
- Experience teaching both face-to-face and online courses
- Experience in evidence-based and innovative teaching practices
- Experience with curriculum development
Application Deadline and Procedures
Initial close date for the position is November 15. Applications are reviewed weekly thereafter until the search is closed.
To apply, click http://apply.interfolio.com/57029 to submit the following:
- A letter of interest addressed to Heather Roberts, including the name of the position for which you are applying, your qualifications, professional experience, teaching experience and philosophy of teaching
- Curriculum vitae
- Information for 3 professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number)
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Shayla McAnly at [email protected] .
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See ASU's complete non-discrimination statement and www.asu.edu/titleIX/).