University of San Francisco
The University of San Francisco's Office of Marketing Communications (OMC) provides centralized marketing and communications services to the USF community and in support of the university overall. We offer creative services ranging from web design to publications to multimedia to media relations, with $200,000 in billable hours per year and close to $1 million in advertising spend. We communicate with varied audiences, including prospective students, alumni, and the business community via our website (usfca.edu), social media channels, alumni magazine, and other outlets.
The Marketing Partner develops and implements marketing and communications plans for the university and for its five schools and seven other administrative units. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Marketing, this Marketing Partner plays an important role in enhancing the visibility and reputation of the university.
1. Collaborating with colleagues in the Office of Marketing Communications, develops, obtains approval, and implements multi-channel communication plans to help achieve the strategic goals of partner deans and administrative unit directors.
• Communications channels can include events, email, print, web, social media, video, media relations, and advertising and the combination of these channels best suited to the partners’ various target audiences.
• Marketing Partner will be assigned 3-5 partners from among:
o College of Arts and Sciences
o School of Education
o School of Law
o School of Management
o School of Nursing and Health Professions
o Office of the President/Office of the Provost
o Additional Campus Locations
o Student Life
o University Library
2. Develops a thorough, nuanced understanding of each partner’s audiences, goals, market position, faculty and staff, current marketing program and its results, and culture. This may include attending partners’ division meetings, industry conferences, etc.
3. Develops and disseminates goals, deliverables, measurable results, schedules, and budgets for all communication plans. Manages all day-to-day aspects of plan communication and plan implementation.
4. Serves as the “single point of contact” for the partners for the submission, tracking, and delivery of all OMC projects.
5. Works with the Creative Director to deliver content for the design and copywriting of ads, brochures, websites, campaign materials, social media, and other collateral.
6. Works with the Creative Director and Project Manager to understand, communicate, and execute effective project scheduling in order to realistically best manage partner expectation.
7. Works with the Director of Media Relations and the Editorial Director to identify story ideas and faculty experts.
8. Works with internal and external media buyers to purchase print, outdoor, and Internet advertising space.
9. Collaborating with the Production Manager, selects and manages vendors for creative services not available on-campus.
10. Coordinates and facilitates the collection and analysis of appropriate data using focus groups, on-line surveys, and other market research tools.
11. Actively participates in building teamwork, information-sharing, and professional development growth among all marketing communications staff campus-wide.
12. Actively engages in projects of the Office of Marketing Communications such as launches, events, and other projects as assigned.
• Education: Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred.
• Experience: 3-5 years of experience in an advertising or public relations agency, or corporate marketing unit; significant experience managing advertising campaigns preferred.
• Successful candidate will have a superior understanding of the creative process, brand development, advertising, marketing principles, and communication technology. Familiarity of print production processes a plus.
• Excellent, proven project management skills required. Successful candidate will have substantial experience managing multiple projects within tight schedules. Familiarity and comfort using project tracking software. Candidate must be comfortable multi-tasking and problem solving and must have a strong record of meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
• The ability to develop strong positive relationships with partners resulting in acquiring additional projects and revenue.
• Solid experience in full range of e-communication marketing tools as well as analytical resources.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate in a concise manner.
• Understanding of and alignment with USF’s mission and values. A consistent and obvious service orientation. The ability to thrive within a university environment.
• A reputation as a team player.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Other duties as assigned.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency