St. Edward's University
Department of Biological Sciences
School of Natural Sciences
St. Edward's University invites applications for a Lecturer position to begin in August 2019. This is a non-tenure track position that is eligible for renewal.
- Teaching freshman biology courses (lecture and lab) for majors. The load is 5 courses per semester; a two course reassignment will be granted during the semester in which the successful candidate is responsible for lab coordination.
- Coordinating freshman biology labs in fall or spring (BIOL 1107 or 1108, respectively) depending on expertise including:
- Curriculum development and assessment
- Preparation of materials for all labs in a given semester
- Hire and train laboratory TAs
- Lead weekly meetings for all 1107/1108 teaching faculty
- Teaching non-majors or majors courses as needed and commensurate with expertise.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in Departmental service as appropriate (in consultation with the Department Chair).
- Ph.D. in biological sciences required.
- A strong commitment to and demonstrated potential for excellence in undergraduate teaching.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Successful candidate must complete an employment and/or criminal history background check
About St. Edward's University
St. Edward's University serves a diverse population of 3,700 undergraduate and 500 graduate students on its campus in South Austin. Recognized as a minority serving institution and a Hispanic serving institution, St. Edward's seeks dedicated teachers who employ active pedagogy to engage a diverse student population. The School of Natural Sciences has experienced significant growth in the last decade attributable to its distinguished faculty, new facilities including >110,000 ft. of teaching and laboratory space, and our approach to engaging undergraduates in the classroom and in research. The Department of Biological Sciences offers B.A. and B.S. degrees in biology, B.S. degrees in Bioinformatics and Medical Laboratory Science, and a 3+2 BA in Biology and MS in Clinical Lab Science in partnership with the University of Texas Medical Branch, in Galveston. https://www.stedwards.edu/undergraduate/biology
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled, with full consideration given to those received by Dec. 1. Applicants should submit application and all requested documentation online through http://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
A complete application packet (single pdf preferred) will include:
- Cover letter, addressing why the applicant is a good fit for the position and indicating a commitment to the university's mission (http://www.stedwards.edu/about/mission) to serve a diverse student body and prepare them for a global community
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts (unofficial)
- The names and contact information for three references
St. Edward's University embraces excellence through diversity and especially encourages applications from underrepresented groups. St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Reference #: J18121
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency