Dean, Scott and White School of Nursing
Dean, Scott and White School of Nursing
Department: College of Health Sciences
Post Date: 10/16/2018
Position Available Date:
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor welcomes inquiries, nominations, and applications for Dean of its Scott and White School of Nursing, available on June 1, 2019.
The Dean provides leadership to 26 full time faculty and staff. The Scott and White School of Nursing offers undergraduate and graduate degrees (BSN, MSN, and DNP). More information is available at https://go.umhb.edu/programs/nursing
The Dean will lead the Scott and White School of Nursing to support the University's mission to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society. The Dean will have the opportunity to impact the School through academic leadership, curriculum development and other program advancement; faculty research; accreditation; budget and resource development; assessment and evaluation; continuous quality improvement; and the recruitment and retention of faculty, staff, and students.
The Dean will teach up to two courses per year, serve under a 12-month faculty contract, and report to the Executive Dean of the Mayborn College of Health Sciences with a ‘dotted line' report to the Provost.
The successful candidate should be a:
- Communicative leader who can build relationships within the School, College and the University, engage and serve the healthcare community, and establish and maintain excellent relationships with the local and regional healthcare systems, its administrators and staff;
- Collaborative leader who can participate in policymaking and direction for the University;
- Strategic leader willing to promote innovative ideas and diverse modes of course delivery as the School grows in numbers of students and programs;
- Visionary leader who can further the School and College's goals and objectives, identify emerging academic issues and recommend appropriate program responses;
- Christian leader who can apply their personal commitment to Christ to further the Christian mission of the School, College and the University.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A doctoral degree in nursing or healthcare related field is required (Ph.D. preferred);
- A current and valid Texas RN license is required. Current licensure in another state with eligibility to achieve Texas RN licensure within six (6) months of hire may be substituted;
- Five (5) years full time experience in nursing education is required with at least three (3) years in a leadership role;
- Experience liaising with a state Board of Nursing is required;
- Experience with nursing education accreditation is required (CCNE preferred);
- Substantial administrative experience is required; a portion of the administrative experience in a higher education environment is preferred;
- Proven track record of building relationships with all constituents; and
- Demonstrated ability to think systemically, administer collegially, and advocate effectively for the University, the School, the College and its faculty and students.
University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, a Christ-centered co-educational institution of higher learning affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, was chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas. The historic campus spans more than 300 acres and comprises the living and learning environment for over 3,800 students representing 34 states and 27 foreign countries.
UMHB has experienced record freshman class enrollments for the last 10 years. UMHB offers more than 63 undergraduate majors and 12 graduate degree programs, including the Doctor of Education, the Doctor of Nursing Practice, and the Doctor of Physical Therapy degrees.
UMHB is currently ranked in Tier One of the U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best universities in the Regional Universities West Division, a ranking it has held since 2005.
UMHB offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with employer match, and tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Belton and Central Texas
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of over 20,000 in the heart of central Texas. Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Located 55 miles north of Austin and 40 miles south of Waco, Belton boasts a downtown historic district, Victorian era homes, and over 160 historical markers in the city and surrounding areas. For recreation, Belton's bodies of water include Belton Lake, a fisher's and boater's haven, and Stillhouse Hollow Lake, which is rated one of the top lakes in Texas for water quality. The climate is mild to hot, with winter low temperatures averaging in the 40's and summertime highs in the 90's.
Inquiries, Referrals and Applications: If you know of qualified candidates, we would appreciate your referral. To submit a nomination or confidential inquiry, please visit our Academic Leadership Opportunities site.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB's mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Printable information regarding this position: Dean, Scott and White School of Nursing
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.
To apply, visit https://umhb.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2zc18oo73ki
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency