Carlos E. Casta\u00f1eda Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mexican American Studies
Center for Mexican American Studies - College of Liberal Arts - The University of Texas at Austin
Location: Austin, TX
Open: Oct 10, 2018 • Close: Dec 1, 2018
The Center for Mexican American Studies (CMAS) in the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Texas at Austin is pleased to announce the Carlos E. Casta\u00f1eda Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mexican American Studies. Supported by the Office of the President, this postdoctoral fellowship was established in memory of Professor Carlos Eduardo Casta\u00f1eda (1896-1958), a UT Austin alumnus, librarian, and faculty member who was instrumental in the creation of the renown LLILAS Benson Latin American Collection.
- Reside in Austin area during academic year of appointment.
- Deliver a public lecture on campus and actively participate in the intellectual life of Latino Studies at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Engage with and/or make use of the archival materials at the LLILAS Benson Latin American Collection.
- Acknowledge the support of CMAS and other University of Texas at Austin resources in any projects or publications that emerge from your time here on campus.
Stipend and Benefits
Each fellowship will provide a stipend of $48,000, shared office space, a moving allowance, research and travel funds, and health insurance benefits. The University of Texas at Austin is unable to pay Fellow' salaries through their home institutions. CMAS is required by university policy to pay Fellows directly.
We encourage those in the early stages of their academic career to apply for this fellowship. Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree within the three years prior to the beginning of the fellowship year (Conferral January 2016 - December 2018). Current UT Austin faculty members and recent UT Austin doctoral recipients are not eligible.
A complete application will consist of the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Research Proposal (not to exceed 2 pages)
- Writing Sample (not to exceed 30 double-spaced pages)
- Academic Transcript (from the doctoral-granting institution with proof of degree conferral)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST on Saturday, December 1, 2018.
Questions regarding the Casta\u00f1eda Postdoctoral Fellowship may be directed to Dr. John Mor\u00e1n Gonz\u00e1lez, Director of CMAS, at 512-471-5351 or [email protected].
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.