Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant - Retina Stem Cell and Regeneration
Department of Ophthalmology
Position Number: 00649052
Nature of Work
The Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applicants for a full-time Professional Research Assistant position in the area of stem cells and regenerative medicine for the retina. The successful candidate will join CellSight - the Ocular Stem Cell and Regeneration Program, a cross-disciplinary team of investigators working in a highly collaborative environment with the common goal of developing novel stem cell-based therapeutics to treat ocular diseases.
The successful PRA will carry out research with the aim of identifying and characterizing mechanisms of retinal cell differentiation using human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived retinal organoids. The PRA will have a main responsibility in some of these projects while also assisting other members of the lab with his/her expertise.
Examples of Work Performed
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Culture, maintenance and expansion of human iPS cells
- Quality control of hiPSC lines and cultures
- Differentiation or 3D retinal organoids from hiPS cells
- Design and execution of experiments; collection, analysis and interpretation of data
- Contribute to research projects led by other investigators, by assisting in specific techniques and intellectually contributing to the experimental design
- Bachelor's Degree in a biomedical science discipline
- Experience in culture and differentiation of stem cells, particularly human pluripotent stem cells
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials:
- Experience in basic research in the visual sciences
- Demonstrated experience in stem-cell derived 3D systems, particularly hiPSC-derived retinal organoids
- Experience in primary and stem cell-derived RPE cultures
- Experience in cell biology techniques, including tissue processing, immune-based assays, fluorescence standard and confocal microscopy, flow cytometry, cell sorting
- Experience in molecular biology techniques, including DNA/RNA isolation; cDNA synthesis; real time PCR; vector construction and cloning; plasmid preparations; western blot; electrophoresis; CRISPR-Cas9 construct design and transgenic cell line generation
- Track of co-authored publications in relevant fields
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 13967
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20254 - SOM-Ophthalmology
Posting Date: Jun 19, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Valeria Canto-Soler
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00649052