Director of Community Strategy
The Director reports to the Assistant Vice President of ACE Leadership. This position coordinates the division's efforts to establish, support and engage a learning community of higher education leaders.
Essential Job Duties or Tasks:
- Design and implement a comprehensive strategy that attracts participants to regularly participate on ACE Engage through the effective use of key platform functionality including ACE Engage Network, Regions, Groups and Studios.
- Identify and prepare hosts and influencers to promote enrollment of and engagement and interaction among platform participants.
- Design implement and assess a user experience that builds community, fosters knowledge, promotes learning, and enables action around ACE’s strategic priorities.
- Serve as the principle liaison with established ACE communities including the Women’s Network and Council of Fellows. Promote their ongoing engagement and learning.
- Promote ACE’s visibility and relevance within regions and member institutions through participation in regional summits, conferences and regional convenings, and campus visits. Serve as the division’s liaison with ACE Membership, Marketing and Public Affairs.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders (members, sister associations, organizations and individuals) to broaden the reach and strengthen the community of learners.
- Develop and monitor analytics and metrics to measure community activity, gather feedback, and guide both content development and activity of the ACE Engage Network
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Education, Marketing, Communication or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- 5 years’ experience in higher education.
- Experience in mobilizing and sustaining digital learning and engagement communities
- Experience developing metrics and analytics and using them to inform decision-making.
- Advanced technical skills in MS Office, Learning Management systems, and web-based delivery tools such as Zoom or WebEx.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Customer focused and collaborative; strategic thinker.
- Committed to community based learning as an essential component of professional development.
- Able to establish networks and encourage engagement and exchange.
- Able to manage multiple projects and design materials within limited time constraints.
- Able to develop and maintain ongoing positive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
*A resume and cover letter are required.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.