Program Specialist - UNCGLaunch
Functional Title Program Specialist - UNCGLaunch
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Launch Program Specialist (LPS) will report to the Director of LaunchUNCG by identifying, researching, marketing, coordinating and otherwise supporting commercial research opportunities across UNCG, including support of faculty and centers at both north and south campuses of the Gateway University Research Park and the NC Research Campus in Kannapolis, NC. This involves developing a deep understanding of the diverse portfolio of UNCG research and scholarship, examining patentability of innovations, building relationships with UNCG researchers, understanding various commercial applications of research (e.g. licensing), connecting and fostering relationships with potential commercial partners, identifying commercial research funding opportunities, examining various business models and serving as a liaison and primary communicator between UNCG and commercial partners. It is critical for the LPS to create and foster a professional, positive and service-oriented relationship with all parties involved while further improving upon and developing processes for facilitating the types of services in a team-based environment.
Master's Degree from accredited institution in a field related to project management and higher education commercialization efforts.
2-3 years experience in the field of project management or higher education commercialization efforts.
• Experience working in higher education, technology transfer, corporate and intellectual property policy.
• Understanding of established business models as well as entrepreneurial environments.
• Knowledge of technology transfer and commercialization policies and strategies in higher education.
• Experience with market and business opportunity analysis.
• Knowledge of intellectual property law and policy.
• Ability to engage and interact with a variety of on-campus and off-campus audiences.
• Ability to manage time effectively, work independently, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to organize information in flexible ways for varying audiences.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of stakeholders and build new relationships.
• Exceptional and concise written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong organizational skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range Commensurate with Experience
Org #-Department Ofc of Innovation Commercialization - 11506
Job Open Date 10/15/2018
For Best Consideration Date 10/22/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu