University Police Officer - Non-Academy (Multiple Positions)
Job no: 496125
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: University Police
Salary: Grade 15E Step 1 - 1,825.05 bi-weekly
Applications Open: Oct 15 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Police Department is a full-service police agency that serves the University Community and operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. University Police Officers perform a full range of police duties to insure the safety and security of the University community and property.
Women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, 21 years of age or older
- Must have Class A LTC Firearms License or the ability to obtain one
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
**Given the nature and responsibilities of the position, only U.S. persons (any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)) will be considered for this position.
- Bilingual preferred
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Required: Must pass a screening process that includes a background investigation, oral interview, physical fitness test, psychological exam, medical and drug exam
- Non Certified candidates who complete the academy at the University's expense are expected to fulfill 2 years of service. If an employee fails to fulfill their required 2 years S/he will be required to reimburse the University for their costs (not including the employees salary).
Only internal International Teamsters Union Local 25 Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.